Traded my TRX for a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedy3

Reaction score
Well it's kinda weird and I'm sure measurements prove it but the TRX felt bigger, like a lot bigger at times(mine had 35's). Pure ride is probably better with the Raptor. The dealership I bought it from was about 50~ miles away and I drove the TRX there. I think the full time 4WD hurts the TRX in that regard. Now I rode back in the Raptor on normal mode for everything and haven't messed with those adjustments yet. I ran my TRX with street suspension and sport everything else. I can give a better answer after a few more days I think but off rip, Raptor in most categories.
Also went from a TRX (with a pitstop in a Bronco) to the Raptor. I got an offer during the covid craziness that I couldn't refuse. No regrets. It feels lighter and smaller, even on 37's. I usually run it in sport. You're going to love it.

OP
OP
RaptorAU

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also went from a TRX (with a pitstop in a Bronco) to the Raptor. I got an offer during the covid craziness that I couldn't refuse. No regrets. It feels lighter and smaller, even on 37's. I usually run it in sport. You're going to love it.
That's my next thing is figure out my settings. Not gonna lie, would've loved a 37 package but from what I heard putting 37s on a 35 is a no no for warranty?

Speedy3

Reaction score
That's my next thing is figure out my settings. Not gonna lie, would've loved a 37 package but from what I heard putting 37s on a 35 is a no no for warranty?
I think that would depend on your dealer. I have a pretty good relationship with my local dealership but I don't know how far that'd go if a Ford tech came down..

That said, I put 37's on my 35.

tempImagejjruK9.jpg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

My Gen 2 is fairly modified, including being on 37s. The dealership I go to seems to not make an issue of it. So as others have said, it depends on the dealer. I would throw 37s on your Gen 3 without batting an eye.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Rappy > TRX.

Went rap to trx and back again. You’re right about the suspension being much better in the Raptor. I liked certain aspects of the TRX better, superficially the TRX interior was better, and I give a slight nod to the curvy TRX exterior but after 18 months in one you realize the Raptor is a much more solid truck. Too many cab squeaks and squeals, junky soft exterior plastic, and constant electronic issues from the RAM.

Attachments

• IMG_7094.jpeg
    IMG_7094.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 37