Top Perch - Fox Shocks (adjusting your shocks to level the Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhpony

Reaction score
Question regarding stiffness of going to the top perch. I know there has been a ton of discussion around how or why it gets so stiff when going to the top perch, but has anyone thought that it might be due to the sway bar connectors still being the same length but yet having the suspension height increase by about 2 inches?

I felt a slight increase in stiffness (That's what she said) when i went to the middle perch, no complaints though. But i recently removed my sway bar and the front again feels like it did when i was on the bottom perch Nice and plush and cushy, and nose dips when braking.

So I'm wondering if anyone on here who has the top perch and no sway bar can comment about the ride quality and if it resembles the stock ride quality.

With that being said, if the sway bar connects could be part of the issue, couldn't a vendor or someone then make longer sway bar connectors, based on the top perch mod and the increase in ride height, which should still retain the ride quality as if it was on the bottom perch? And if you are going to make new sway bar connecting rods, might as well make them quick release. :)

*cough*RPG*cough* :waytogo:
I have a 2012 Crew Cab and am thinking about going with the middle position. Do I really need to disconnect the sway bar?

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey does anyone know a place in north east NJ that can do this mod i really dont feel like doing it myself or should i just go to the dealer

pinterland

Reaction score
Perch Adjustments vs. Leveling Kit. The Real Experience

Greetings everyone. I own an Original Raptor, bought in September 2009. Here is my real world experience on this controversial subject.

After purchasing the truck, I had the perch adjustment made to the middle to give it a more even stance. While it leveled out the truck, the increase in stiffness is noticeable, both on and off road. I cant speak to tread wear as I have driven the truck 79K miles with it set on the middle perch.

Until now....

I recently purchased a new set of front Fox Schox (original) to replace the others. Instead of moving to the middle or top perch, I left it at the bottom perch and installed Ready Lift's new leveling kit and bigger tie rods.

The difference in ride quality is night and day in my opinion. I now have a leveled stance and an overall smoother ride. I also sacrificed nothing when it comes to off road durability. The truck corners better than before and takes big hits smoother than the middle setting.

Hope this helps:devilfinger:

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I own an Original Raptor, bought in September 2009. Here is my real world experience on this controversial subject.

After purchasing the truck, I had the perch adjustment made to the middle to give it a more even stance. While it leveled out the truck, the increase in stiffness is noticeable, both on and off road. I cant speak to tread wear as I have driven the truck 79K miles with it set on the middle perch.

Until now....

I recently purchased a new set of front Fox Schox (original) to replace the others. Instead of moving to the middle or top perch, I left it at the bottom perch and installed Ready Lift's new leveling kit and bigger tie rods.

The difference in ride quality is night and day in my opinion. I now have a leveled stance and an overall smoother ride. I also sacrificed nothing when it comes to off road durability. The truck corners better than before and takes big hits smoother than the middle setting.

Hope this helps:devilfinger:

i thought with a leving kit something dropped to far and damaged something els.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea your cv axles are gonna get destroyed the droop angle is to far for the cv axle to handle it that's why you'll never see a real raptor with a leveling kit. That's also why you'll never see any good vendor sell them for the raptor. Just cause someone made them doesn't mean they work unless your truck is a street queen then well you should be ok but I wouldn't try it