Took my '19 in for the PCM reflash (cam phaser) and Ford asked to buy my truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol....dealers have been trying to buy 2-3 year old cars and move you into a new car for 50 years. It is not because the raptor is special or worth extra....it is because the dealer in question...NOT FORD.....can make a quick $25 and move a unit. Dealers are ****** who will do anything to make a buck. They have no intention of doing right by you the customer.

OP
OP
C

cbryant1004

Reaction score
Since they're offering the low interest rate, I'm guessing that they are not offering a gen 3, but some other vehicle.
The person I spoke with even asked "since you have a Raptor, I'm guessing you're looking to get another one". I told them because this is my daily driver the numbers would have to be really good based on the market and I'd want something comparable.

OP
OP
C

cbryant1004

Reaction score
lol....dealers have been trying to buy 2-3 year old cars and move you into a new car for 50 years. It is not because the raptor is special or worth extra....it is because the dealer in question...NOT FORD.....can make a quick $25 and move a unit. Dealers are ****** who will do anything to make a buck. They have no intention of doing right by you the customer.
That was my thought as well. The chick who called me was clearly reading from a script... But I told them I'd consider if the price is right. Just didn't tell them what that price was lol. I don't plan on selling or trading in for a Gen3. I just want to hear what BS offer they come up with so I can call them out on it.

My thing is, because I love my Gen2 so much, they'll have to work for my business. I'm thinking at least $90k.. I have the 802A package. Only things I don't have are the recaro seats, the carbon fiber package, and the graphics..

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my thought as well. The chick who called me was clearly reading from a script... But I told them I'd consider if the price is right. Just didn't tell them what that price was lol. I don't plan on selling or trading in for a Gen3. I just want to hear what BS offer they come up with so I can call them out on it.

My thing is, because I love my Gen2 so much, they'll have to work for my business. I'm thinking at least $90k.. I have the 802A package. Only things I don't have are the recaro seats, the carbon fiber package, and the graphics..
You want $90k for yours? You sir have just won the internet for today. Thanks for the laughs.

OP
OP
C

cbryant1004

Reaction score
That didn't happen. Dealers may overpay, but it's by accident and only becomes obvious later when the market falls out from under them. They're making this offer because it's good for them.
Yeah, I'm sure they're looking to get money off me somewhere either by reselling at a higher cost or suckering me into a newer truck. I'll sit down to see what they offer, but my hunch is that they wont come near what I want for it. KBB is currently at around $75k. I upgraded to the B&O system to a full JL system with 2 12's (stealthbox). I know aftermarket upgrades typically don't increase car values in the eyes of dealerships and insurance, but because I love my truck so much, they'll have to offer me something worth my while.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 8.53.01 AM.pngYour KBB is not $75k for trade. Maybe private sale. Most dealers rate off auction data and not NADA or KBB anyways. Here is your KBB based on what you have told us. And this is using excellent rating which very few cars, especially almost 3 year old cars get. I buy 3-4 new vehicles per year. I know the game well.

OP
OP
C

cbryant1004

Reaction score
View attachment 320880Your KBB is not $75k for trade. Maybe private sale. Most dealers rate off auction data and not NADA or KBB anyways. Here is your KBB based on what you have told us. And this is using excellent rating which very few cars, especially almost 3 year old cars get. I buy 3-4 new vehicles per year. I know the game well.
Oh for sure. I'm not saying my truck is worth $90k haha. Just saying if they really want it, they'll have to prove they want it ;) But yeah my results were slightly higher with Very Good. I'm assuming you missed some of the options I have, but either way it's probably the first vehicle I've owned where I've been positive.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure. I'm not saying my truck is worth $90k haha. Just saying if they really want it, they'll have to prove they want it ;) But yeah my results were slightly higher with Very Good. I'm assuming you missed some of the options I have, but either way it's probably the first vehicle I've owned where I've been positive.
Got it. That's with every option listed and in Excellent condition. Hope you get the most money for it possible, but don't believe the dealership telemarketers. They are only calling to get you in the door. Period.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not bailing on my Gen 2 anytime soon. 2020, 802A, 20k and has been flawless.

With 13k on yours, tough call. I can tell you I will probably get a TRX next if the Raptor R isn't affordable. I have visions of having one of the last great v8s and having to make special trips to find gas in 20 years.

OP
OP
C

cbryant1004

Reaction score
I'm not bailing on my Gen 2 anytime soon. 2020, 802A, 20k and has been flawless.

With 13k on yours, tough call. I can tell you I will probably get a TRX next if the Raptor R isn't affordable. I have visions of having one of the last great v8s and having to make special trips to find gas in 20 years.
I'm thinking the same. Raptor R or TRX. I've never owned a V8, but seeing all these videos with modified Gen1's and TRXs sounding menacing as hell, I now know what I've been missing haha.