Does the Cam Phaser recall now cover every year of the Gen2 (2017-20), and beyond?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, recall came out in July of 2021. They mailed letters and sent notifications in the Ford Pass app. I think last month was the cutoff to get the recall done in order to qualify for the warranty extension.
Sorry, I'm still confused--I've never heard of a recall that had an expiration date like that, and my FordPass app shows no recalls but does show a CSP for cam phasers.

I've received no notifications for a recall like I have on any number of other vehicles.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm still confused--I've never heard of a recall that had an expiration date like that, and my FordPass app shows no recalls but does show a CSP for cam phasers.

I've received no notifications for a recall like I have on any number of other vehicles.
Basically they gave owners until February 2022 to get 21B10 completed in order to qualify for extended warranty coverage on the phasers. If you have 21N03 in your FordPass app then you have the extended coverage.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically they gave owners until February 2022 to get 21B10 completed in order to qualify for extended warranty coverage on the phasers. If you have 21N03 in your FordPass app then you have the extended coverage.
I do have 21N03 showing in the app--thanks for the info.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANY German car out of warranty is a lesson in check book drainage. I have 2 vw's and a Porsche right now, and along with my past Audi's, the cost per mile of ownership is just way higher than American cars.
Amen to that. Had a Mercedes S series that I had to eventually move due to this very issue. Fantastically luxurious vehicle if you could deal with constant shop visits for everything you can think of. No time for that mess.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANY German car out of warranty is a lesson in check book drainage. I have 2 vw's and a Porsche right now, and along with my past Audi's, the cost per mile of ownership is just way higher than American cars.
The only thing the Germans have engineered better than their cars, is how to get the dollar out of your wallet, and into theirs...

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, like anyone GAS...

Bought a '19 Limited with the HO 3.5L and 29K miles...told dealer I did not want to deal with the cam phasers again, please make sure had been dealt with, they did the current update (not sure if 21N03 or 08). Get the truck home, cam phaser rattle on startup cold. FML. It has the Ford Gold Extended Warranty, but I just don't want to deal with this again. Otherwise, I like it, but it's definitely no Raptor offroad.

Oh, and the M5 still isn't fixed yet. Good times.

Al P

Reaction score
The Feb 2022 cutoff date is important. I got the notice in Sept 21 and called the dealer who said no rattle don't bring it in. Two weeks ago it started and took it in. The reprogram did not work so now on to the rebuild. Cost not covered under the notice due to not having the adjustment done before Feb 2022. Cost not covered under my so called extended warranty. After a day of thinking I am out of $2800 the dealer did his research and found the 5 year 100k powertrain warranty covered it. Bought the truck in August 2017. Bad news is I will not see the truck for 3 weeks plus and have to continue squeezing myself into my wife's 2005 Z4

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true!! You can continue to drive your Raptor while the dealer orders the required parts. The repair itself takes no more than three days to complete. There is no reason to be without your Raptor for three plus weeks!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the reprogram won’t do a damn thing once it starts rattling. It’s preventative. People who post up that their dealer addresses the rattle with the reprogram have exceptionally stupid service departments