Took my '19 in for the PCM reflash (cam phaser) and Ford asked to buy my truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SulDogger

Reaction score
How did the process go with vroom? How long did it take them to cut you a check?
It was really easy. Sent information on truck with pics, they scheduled a pick up, driver looked over, signed off and had a check w/in 72 hours. I was shocked and they offered me 14k over what normal kbb would be.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was really easy. Sent information on truck with pics, they scheduled a pick up, driver looked over, signed off and had a check w/in 72 hours. I was shocked and they offered me 14k over what normal kbb would be.
Similar process for my Rubicon.
They’re pretty bad at communicating but if you can get over that then you could find the experience very smooth. Got money wired in my account notification 36 hours after pick up. All process took about 3.5 weeks but keep in mind I wasn’t available for them to pick up the Jeep for over a week.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My thing is, because I love my Gen2 so much, they'll have to work for my business. I'm thinking at least $90k..

You want $90k for yours? You sir have just won the internet for today. Thanks for the laughs.

It’s not really that he’s asking $90k, he’s really asking $70k but adding in a +$20k ADM
;-)

A solid offer could be worth considering seriously. If they’re willing to put you into the new truck for low, low, low outlay of cash, and easy financing rates, at least seriously consider it. You gain a bunch, the interior is on par with the competition for the first time in years... well, except for the smurf-vomit colored seats in the 37’s but to each their own. All the electronics are refreshed, powertrain is sure to be more refined.

it’s great to have options.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 320880Your KBB is not $75k for trade. Maybe private sale. Most dealers rate off auction data and not NADA or KBB anyways. Here is your KBB based on what you have told us. And this is using excellent rating which very few cars, especially almost 3 year old cars get. I buy 3-4 new vehicles per year. I know the game well.
Then you suck at dealing. Dealers can rate it off whatever they want if they want to deal. KBB is just a guide. And I've NEVER accepted less than the KBB trade in value for "excellent."

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then you suck at dealing. Dealers can rate it off whatever they want if they want to deal. KBB is just a guide. And I've NEVER accepted less than the KBB trade in value for "excellent."
You would be wrong. My dealer only sells for invoice (All 6 of my Raptors included) and is extremely transparent on trades. Always shows me Black Book or auction data and/or wholesale bids for the trucks I trade. I am betting you pay MSRP or higher on your Raptor so your dealer can easily show more than market value for your trade since there is more room in their deal.

I only referenced KBB since the OP did. Most dealers use multiple reference points for trade value and it is not heavily weighted on KBB or NADA consumer guides but more so in regional market data including auctions and wholesale buyers who buy for multiple dealers.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R is going to Ford’s halo truck. I predict it will be produced in very limited numbers. Getting a chance to buy one will be like hitting the lottery. I see a lot of them going straight into a car collectors climate controlled garage and never seeing the light of day.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R is going to Ford’s halo truck. I predict it will be produced in very limited numbers. Getting a chance to buy one will be like hitting the lottery. I see a lot of them are going straight into a collectors climate controlled storage garage.
I bet it is GT500 production numbers or less. Should be interesting. I have no desire for one.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be interesting. I have no desire for one.

100% agree. The Raptor as currently configured Gen2 or 3 has plenty of power for the use case. 750hp is totally not needed in any factory Baja truck.

The suspension is what makes a Raptor, not the power plant.

I guess I am old. going 0-80 stop light to stoplight is just not how I drive.

Ford would have done better to put a GT500 motor in a F150 street truck like a nascar truck. Lightning gen 3. that is a truck that could use 750 hp.