Has Ford corrected the Cam Phaser rattle in Gen3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford will finally fix the phaser issue when they stop making the 3.5L EB engine.

I love my 3.5L EB engine's performance, but it has design issues that I'm not in denial about.

FordTechZero- you don't know what I own outside of what I've posted here. You don't have to own a Gen 2/3 Raptor to own a 3.5L EB engine. I'm not intersted in putting details on the internet about every vehicle I own. I might have a fleet of a dozen EB vehicles for all you know. I do have interest in Ford fixing this engine, I'm just not a EB Warrior like you.

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 XLT had them done around 40k under warranty. They were done again at 85k and it was $3,300. I have 109k on it now and will trade whenever my 24 Raptor arrives.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford will finally fix the phaser issue when they stop making the 3.5L EB engine.

I love my 3.5L EB engine's performance, but it has design issues that I'm not in denial about.

FordTechZero- you don't know what I own outside of what I've posted here. You don't have to own a Gen 2/3 Raptor to own a 3.5L EB engine. I'm not intersted in putting details on the internet about every vehicle I own. I might have a fleet of a dozen EB vehicles for all you know. I do have interest in Ford fixing this engine, I'm just not a EB Warrior like you.
Whoa, Shots fired!!:hunter:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re an idiot. The issue was fixed 4 years ago. The fact that you continue to get on your soap box and rant about things you don’t understand just puts you in further into Sasquatch territory.

Design issues? As if you even have the first clue about engine design, you’re a rambling joke on here. It’s incredible how you find your way into every Gen 2/3 post and interject your stupidity and baseless claims, you obviously have some serious issues. It sounds like you’re still crying about your precious 6.2 boat anchor going out of production, and here you are projecting. This forum isn’t your personal therapist, get a grip.

Even more comically, your claim you’re interested in Ford “fixing this engine”? Fixing what? There’s nothing wrong with the 3.5, period. What you’re really interested in trolling these threads and making up issues to try and make yourself feel better about your slow old Gen 1. I guess I’d be pissed too if I wasted $15k on a supercharger kit and got smoked by a stock Gen 2 :happy175:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2023 F-150 with 7500 miles, now at dealership for cam phaser replacement. The problem has not been fixed.

These 2 posts are obviously just a coincidence. Couldn’t possibly be Eric M setting himself up for his own diatribe, right?
:chewie:

jsg777

Reaction score
This was the most recent post concerning this I could find. Apologize if it was the wrong place to do it but wanted to make sure people know it is still an issue. Maybe I’m the one in a million but the guy in service wasn’t surprised it happened, just surprised it was at this low mileage. Said “they typically come in after 20k or so.”