Cam phaser issues on Gen 2 and 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a 1 owner truck from private seller with records, id buy it. If it isn't , taking more chances. My truck when sold will likely be 150-200k one owner with all records. Whomever buys it will get a solid truck.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
If its a 1 owner truck from private seller with records, id buy it. If it isn't , taking more chances. My truck when sold will likely be 150-200k one owner with all records. Whomever buys it will get a solid truck.
Thanks for your reply! Appreicate it! The ones that im coming across are all 2 owners trucks and sold from a dealer. Most likely trade ins, my guess.....
Anthony

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damnnnnnn, sad stuff. Sorry to hear for sure.. I was watching a good video on Scott Kilmer on YouTube yesterday on new expedition and there issues. It was nuts!! How a trucknthat expensive had so many issues and dealer can fix. That's scary!!!
I hope and pray my new s550 stang is as durable and bulletproof as my 7 old foxbodies were in the past!!! I will be lucky lol and hopefully my newer Raptor as well.
Thanks Anthony
You were watching Scotty Kilmer? :facepalm:

Please understand the guy isn’t an engineer, technician, or even an industry “expert” - he’s a hack mechanic who yells at the camera and creates clickbait videos with false and misleading information.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
You were watching Scotty Kilmer? :facepalm:

Please understand the guy isn’t an engineer, technician, or even an industry “expert” - he’s a hack mechanic who yells at the camera and creates clickbait videos with false and misleading information.
I didn't get the info from him regarding raptor. I got it from macaloco master Ford tech.
Secondly, what are the correct parts then??

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't get the info from him regarding raptor. I got it from macaloco master Ford tech.
Secondly, what are the correct parts then??
He hasn’t worked at a Ford Dealer in years. Half of what he posts is legit, the other half is either clickbait for views or just straight up incorrect information.

All you need to know is that trucks built 11/30/2019 and later have the updated parts and calibration. If you’re searching for an earlier one, make sure preventive recall 21B10 was completed, preferably at low mileage. That will be on the OASIS report.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
He hasn’t worked at a Ford Dealer in years. Half of what he posts is legit, the other half is either clickbait for views or just straight up incorrect information.

All you need to know is that trucks built 11/30/2019 and later have the updated parts and calibration. If you’re searching for an earlier one, make sure preventive recall 21B10 was completed, preferably at low mileage. That will be on the OASIS report.
Thank you very much!!!
Anthony