Took my '19 in for the PCM reflash (cam phaser) and Ford asked to buy my truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '19 with 35k miles and I'd move to a Gen 3 if the numbers made sense. If they will "overpay" for your '19 and not "overcharge" for the new '21, then go for it. But, if it's a large price delta between the two vehicles, I'd hold off personally.
I thought that’s always how it works.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They offered to "overpay" and even get me a lower interest rate (currently at 2.99) if I decided to stay with Ford.
I really love my Gen2. The Gen3 is meh. If anything I'd hold out for the Raptor R, but even then I would hope that it's significantly different than the current Gen3 (aside from the engine).
What are your guys' thoughts?
I'm keeping my Gen2. To me the differences aren't worth it, unless you have money and patience to burn. IMO There are other toys to get but I love my Gen2 and will drive it until it can't.

as115

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, they actually let me test a Gen 3 for the day while my truck was in the shop. Definitely keeping my Gen 2. Everyone talks about how the tech in the Gen 3 is so great but it’s really nothing that great. I wasn’t amazed or anything by it. It has a bigger screen but that’s about it, the rest of the interior reminds me of being in a crappy jeep. All other features are pretty much the same, the stock exhaust on the Gen 3 does sound better but I have a aftermarket exhaust on my Gen 2 that it can’t beat so. Definitely in my opinion it’s worth keeping my Gen 2.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
About 4 weeks ago a Dealer sent me an offer up to 20% above the KBB price which at that time came out to $88,000.00.

I was like yeah sure, sure.

I guess I could have called them.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 4 weeks ago a Dealer sent me an offer up to 20% above the KBB price which at that time came out to $88,000.00.

I was like yeah sure, sure.

I guess I could have called them.
Nah. Key words they always use to lure people in are ”up to”. I get offers like that for my vehicles and they go right in the trash. I always chuckle at all the fine print.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3 is in a league of it's own, don't fool yourself, all of the attention to detail in the Gen 3 has made it the pinnacle truck that (quite frankly) the gen 2 should have been.

I put 45k on my '19 and I miss nothing from that truck.
Should have been? Lol there's barely a difference. And it's playing in a market with a 702hp monster

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R is going to Ford’s halo truck. I predict it will be produced in very limited numbers. Getting a chance to buy one will be like hitting the lottery. I see a lot of them going straight into a car collectors climate controlled garage and never seeing the light of day.
Every day that goes by, the call to the dark side gets stronger (TRX)