Tires... Need ur experience..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Duratracs are for challenged drivers hahaha i am going to get so much hate

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Damn thats pretty good! Thx for the pics!!

Yeah the ones on the stock wheels got sheetrock dust on them so they look like they are bald but not even. I think they are just shy of half a dime to right at a half a dime. Couldn't get the pics to come out and was to lazy to take them over to the window for light.

Banned
Reaction score
haha i wouldnt say they are for challenged drivers, id say they are for drivers who dont want to ***** foot around on snow. mud grapplers are stupid on ice and snow lol. buddy has em on his dodge. holy crap it gets scary quick.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it is important that you select your tires for your purpose and what you can tolerate!
"My purpose is the most bad ass tire I can find and I can tolerate poor performance in rain and snow with a high noise level"
"My purpose is the best tire in rain and snow, quiet on dry roads at highway speeds, with great performance off road but I will get stuck in a mud bog…"

I stay out of mud bogs...

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha i wouldnt say they are for challenged drivers, id say they are for drivers who dont want to ***** foot around on snow. mud grapplers are stupid on ice and snow lol. buddy has em on his dodge. holy crap it gets scary quick.

Dodge... enough said! I had the mud grapplers and the roommate had the stock BFGs during the blizzard and he was pretty white most of the time. Trick is to air these grapplers down for ice and they are like paddle tires in the snow.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let’s get real: all multipurpose tires are compromises!
You can make a single purpose tire that is outstanding for its use, like a slick racing tire for a particular temperature range on dry smooth surfaces; anywhere outside that narrow window and the tire sucks!
Any ‘Not winter rated tire’ will have rubber that will turn to ‘rock hard’ in temperatures below freezing, will never grab on icy (or hard packed snow) roads, and on cold dry roads will wear out extremely quick!

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said in my previous post, the duratracs are 7 ply, 2 of which are sidewall. It's listed on the sidewall of the tire although its hard to see.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did you know there is a 5k breaking pireod your not saposeto exselarate fast or take sharp corners becose of the oil left on from making the tire.

mrwizard93

Reaction score
Ok, I read through this thread and noticed that there was a consensus on the Duratrac being a good tire for regular every day, highway, some rain, longer than average life (at least that's what everyone seemed to be saying).

Here we are, 1 year later, and now I am in the market for tires. Has that general opinion changed or stayed the same?

I called a couple of places and I got recommendations for Nitto Terra Grapplers, Hankook Dynapros, and they were gonna check on the Procomp Xtreme AT in our size (doesn't look like it). This obviously added to my confusion.

Just as an FYI, my truck has not been off-roading or anything, I live in Miami where we get a lot of rain, and my stock tires lasted me all of 22,000 miles which freaking sucks.

Any help would be awesome. Also, does anyone have a reputable and cheap place to buy from.

Thanks,
Cesar

P.S. I hope no one minds that i brought this thread back to life.

Last edited:

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falken Wild Peak has won many fans this year. One of the feature that swayed me was the speed rating meets or exceeds the oem BFGs. I bought the Americas Tires (Discount Tires) version called Rocky Ridge. Very happy with wet/dry on/off road behavior. A couple threads about them. Check em out then let us know what you chose.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

did you know there is a 5k breaking pireod your not saposeto exselarate fast or take sharp corners becose of the oil left on from making the tire.

You drinking that e151 again? Or does "saposeto exselarate" really mean something?