Tires... Need ur experience..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They reviewed every peace of shit tire but not the Toyo Open Country M/T, what the hell is going on here?

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you conclude that they are 6-ply? I can't find any info on this.

I found a bunch of places that said they are 6 ply, 4 in the tread, 2 in the sidewall. Here is just one of the sources I found;

http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0909or_goodyear_wrangler_duratrac_off_road_tire/

For some reason Goodyear does not list the plies on their website;

http://m.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/w...gclid=CNOXxqmRy7QCFSmCQgodmEIARA&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think load range D duratracs are 6 ply, while E rated Duratracs have more plies. The light weight of the tire seems to support the 6 ply information.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The tread is 6 ply and "weak" sidewalls are two ply..

-Greg

Ran mine through some nasty, nasty rocks the other day for a good 20 miles and they came out looking brand new.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ran mine through some nasty, nasty rocks the other day for a good 20 miles and they came out looking brand new.

I was being scarcastic... I have not had any issues with sidewall punctures even being aired down..

The only issue I have is when you are aired down it gets a little sloppy.. Definately no 100 mph run at low pressures...

-Greg

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have MTR Kevlars on my jeep and they do not stop in the rain, kinda scary actually.

Hmm mine stop just fine, actually saved my ass last sleet storm as i should have been paying a slight be more attention at the time of my "OH SHIT THAT IS GONNA SUCK FOR THEM" moment.

Thankfully it didnt suck for anyone.

The stock tires WERE HORRIBLE in the rain, i could run racing slicks and be better off then those things.

(going 65 on the higway in a slight left corner and giving it 35% throttle got me a nice long drift...)

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I was being scarcastic... I have not had any issues with sidewall punctures even being aired down..

The only issue I have is when you are aired down it gets a little sloppy.. Definately no 100 mph run at low pressures...

-Greg

I know you were. I was quoting you to agree with you but in the process I made myself look like a derp who cant process sarcasm lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2