Lightweight, Quiet, Road-centric All-Terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500mag- how long have you had the Recon grapplers? Any pictures of them on your truck would be appreciated - especially in 37s. They weigh in at 75 pounds- did you notice the weight increase much? Looking at t the Recon Grapplers and Coopers in 37s.
I have them on my 2022 F-250 Tremor. I should have put that in the thread. They are lighter than most in that size (37x12.5x18). I wanted the Toyo AT IIIs, but couldn't find them anywhere in that size. Those are a little lighter still.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean ??? what is different with OEM raptor tires ?
The OEM Raptor tires are speed rated T, the Jeep version of the KO2 is speed rated S. The Raptor version weights a little more, something like 1.2 pounds. Load rating is the same. For the price difference ($120 per tire wholesale) I am not sure the slight upgrade is worth it. I imagine when the KO3 is released in about 18 months there wont be 2 versions of the same tire.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3?

I ran the original Revos and the Revo 2s on a F150 that was 100% street- it's basically a passenger tire with a bit of chunky look to the tread.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought the truck used, so it came with some Hankook AT2 dynapros. After a few offroad runs, can say they've made me change my mind on them.
Good on the road in rain, dry etc.
Soft sand it seems to grip nicely. And this past weekend we went through areas of water, mud and wet shellrock. Saw a few stock K02s on other trucks were packed in nicely between the groves with the shell rock when the AT2s were fairly clean.
Can't say I'll rock them long term but they seem to be a good, cheap option for an AT that is average in weight(67). Think they are a tad stiff, but still working out the tire PSI options.

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My next set of tires will be yokohama geolander 015’s . Light weight, road centric and 3peak rated.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Revo 3s are lighter than all of the tires options the OP listed.

BRIDGESTONE
DUELER A/T REVO 3 LT315/70R17 121S E2 OWL

Weight: 60 lbs

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would you say street only? I've driven them off road, they work just like any other AT tire.

OP is not trying to mud bog.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you say street only? I've driven them off road, they work just like any other AT tire.

OP is not trying to mud bog.
There is a wide range of off-road usability in AT tires. I've had most of them. The Revos tread pattern is more street friendly than off-road friendly. Another is the Scorpion ATS - useless off-road - ask me how I know. This is a Raptor forum.