Lightweight, Quiet, Road-centric All-Terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the OP have any preference on load rating? If HWY only you'd want to generally stick with C load which are pretty rare in 315s. How do D load 60ish lb tires ride in these trucks?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP posted this a year and a half ago. Hopefully he found a tire at some point.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the OP have any preference on load rating? If HWY only you'd want to generally stick with C load which are pretty rare in 315s. How do D load 60ish lb tires ride in these trucks?
I know compound also plays a roll here. You could have a e load that rides softer …

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the new Recon Grapplers in 37". So far, so good. Not the most quiet but not loud.

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to pile onto the necroposting, but General Grabber ATXs are my go-to for all terrains with excellent road manners. I recently installed some Falken Wildpeaks on my Discovery 2 after Goodyear trail-somethings got me stuck. The Falkens have been great so far, but I have maybe 500 miles and a day of trails on them.

CenCstRptr

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running the new Recon Grapplers in 37". So far, so good. Not the most quiet but not loud.
500mag- how long have you had the Recon grapplers? Any pictures of them on your truck would be appreciated - especially in 37s. They weigh in at 75 pounds- did you notice the weight increase much? Looking at t the Recon Grapplers and Coopers in 37s.