Lightweight, Quiet, Road-centric All-Terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience both on the Raptor and with my JK / JL .
KO2 - light, not loud in my opinion and an all around good tire. Horrible in the rain 9usually not a problem where I live). good looking tire, short wear life. Was also a big fan of the KM2 not sure how the KM3 compares
Cooper - had the old and new version of the STT (Pro), an amazing tire even for a more off-road version. Cooper will be my next tire. Best looking tire in my opinion, long wear life.
Bridgestone - for a street / SUV tire the Dueller is a great tire. Had them as a stock tire on a jeep and 4runner in the past. Simple looking tire with very long wear life.

I too want a lighter tire, be cautious of the listed weights as tires such as BF are much smaller when comparing apples to apples. BF 35 inch compared to a Nitto 35 inch is at least 1/2 inch short not sure if that is the weight impact sometimes. Cooper runs truer to size as well.

D47E4251-68B0-49BA-9566-E2994D4F23F5.JPG

tempImageWpvKnq.png

58655928296__1B5012F1-73FC-4CAF-A4CF-E18C61D03133.JPG

tempImageJhZ9jE.png

king dusty

Reaction score
I've now gone down this 8 page tire rabbit hole. My BFG's were shot with less than 20k miles and chunky and loud and just all round horrid. I believe there had to have been a bad batch and that is why so many are divided in their opinion of the tire. My Nittos have been fine but now Cooper curious.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've now gone down this 8 page tire rabbit hole. My BFG's were shot with less than 20k miles and chunky and loud and just all round horrid. I believe there had to have been a bad batch and that is why so many are divided in their opinion of the tire. My Nittos have been fine but now Cooper curious.
Ive had several sets on jeeps and now Raptor and its always the same story. Start out great and when you hit 35-40k they get loud as shit and choppy no matter what you do.

king dusty

Reaction score
Coopers installed. Gotta say, the ride is plush and super, super quiet providing a feel more akin to a Michelin M+S all while showing a meaty sidewall. If you're more pavement than not, can't imagine not going with these. Previous tires include o.e. BFG and Nitto.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coopers installed. Gotta say, the ride is plush and super, super quiet providing a feel more akin to a Michelin M+S all while showing a meaty sidewall. If you're more pavement than not, can't imagine not going with these. Previous tires include o.e. BFG and Nitto.
yeah they are awesome tires! They are pretty good in just about anything, except sloppy mud.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Good Year Territory MT, in 315/70/17. Handle great dry and wet, look good, 54lbs, and s speed rating

kishorejoseph

Reaction score
I like my new Toyo Open County AT3 C-rated...coming from BFG KO2 C-rated the Toyo is quieter and rides the same. Haven't tested them off road yet unfortunately but they're good in rain.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious for you guys who wore out your KO2s, I'm at 33k miles and a little under 7/32 left on mine, filled them up to about 38psi cold the other day before some long distance driving and noticed a howl at low speeds - almost turbine sounding. This was after they'd been on the road for about 90 minutes (at that point they were around 40-41psi). Is that typical of KO2s, or do I have some other issue? Next day I drove them cold on a short trip and I didn't hear that sound, so I just assumed it's probably a combination of low tread depth and higher psi. Anyone?