What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's not legal but neither is Window Tint on the front windows. I think it's close enough to the black and white plates that you can get from the CA dmv that I should be ok. They do some colors that are obviously the wrong colors from a mile away. I'm sure those would get you pulled over quickly
You get a cop behind you and you're screwed.
Tinting windows is one thing but altering a license plate is a big fine.

Found this video related to California.

IMO this fad may be almost as dumb as tinting your tail lights.

Last edited:

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I know a couple CHP and they said they’re actively pulling people for this alone. It’s considered forging a plate so not a simple fix it ticket.
Yup. Easy reason to make a stop. It is starting to become more common, so expect more attention.

zachery55

Reaction score
I know a couple CHP and they said they’re actively pulling people for this alone. It’s considered forging a plate so not a simple fix it ticket.
That was my concern. Window tint is nothing. Illegal modification tickets are different. Damn sucks to hear this is illegal As long as it stayed within reason it should be legal. But guess that’s how they make their money lol.