What will be the last model year for this gen Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the “modern” era (10th gen F150 from ‘97 on) Ford has gone anywhere from 5 to 7 years in between redesigns, last gen was 6 years - do we expect this current generation F150/Raptor to go through 2026 or do you think it may run out to ‘27? Seems like it was a fairly heavy redesign particular from interior perspective.

My curiosity is I’m pretty much sticking w/ my current ‘20 Gen2 for a few more years only have 66k miles on it & it’s been flawless, would like to upgrade to a Gen3 for the final model year of this run same as my ‘20….im hoping they run it to model year 2027 to give me some extra time, but I think 2026 still pretty far off too.
Looking at past, a run has lasted four or five years with a refresh. I don't count 2021 since they didn't ship hardly any, so I'd guess (21)/22/23 - refresh - 24/25 - redesign. But. Ford is de-emphasizing ICE and going all "green". So the plan might be for gen 3 to be the last and to milk it as long as possible. But. Raptor is based on the F-150 and shares the bulk of it's components. So. F-150 refreshes may drive Raptor refreshes. Bottom line? Who the fück knows? Glad I could help. :)

Edit to add: I'm in the same boat as you. Tentative plan is to order a no-moonroof 37 package in '25 ....

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love internet speculation. I happen to be an expert like all of you.

Isn't Raptor production linked to F150 production because they all go down the same line in Dearborn? Will be interesting to see them try to work Powerboost/hybridization into the Rap. Instant TQ would be helpful offroading as would range extending.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love internet speculation. I happen to be an expert like all of you.

Isn't Raptor production linked to F150 production because they all go down the same line in Dearborn? Will be interesting to see them try to work Powerboost/hybridization into the Rap. Instant TQ would be helpful offroading as would range extending.
More weight is not typically a good thing for offroading. For comparison Comparably equipped Tundras the hybrid is about 700lbs heavier. Strait up EV you are looking at 1500-2000 lbs more. It becomes a simple tire grip on the trail problem for rocks/inclines/declines.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m probably of most interest to know the power trains for the next F-150 and Raptor especially. Will Ford keep BEV solely to the T3 and Next Gen Lightning? Will next gen ICE F-150 be hybrid focused or just continue with the mix of hybrid and ICE.

Bring that Ram is coming out with more power with the Hurricane I-6, I’m curious to see how Ford responds. Will it be reworked 3.5 or? Or give a slight bump to the 3.5 and say go buy an R if your super power hungry. As Ram doesn’t offer a V8 anymore.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best friends uncles chemist was friends with a lady who was living in a home behind her dads teachers cousins brother who knew a guy that worked at Ford. This dude ate lunch next to the project manager for the old ford ****** who had been reassigned to the lightning. This Project Manager knew a guy over in the performance department who said the new model year will be "not yet".
That was great

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m probably of most interest to know the power trains for the next F-150 and Raptor especially. Will Ford keep BEV solely to the T3 and Next Gen Lightning? Will next gen ICE F-150 be hybrid focused or just continue with the mix of hybrid and ICE.

Bring that Ram is coming out with more power with the Hurricane I-6, I’m curious to see how Ford responds. Will it be reworked 3.5 or? Or give a slight bump to the 3.5 and say go buy an R if your super power hungry. As Ram doesn’t offer a V8 anymore.
I think it’s more likely than not ford wants it to be a powerboost hybrid. They already have a full electric technology demonstrator out there. So ford and fox are working on shocks etc to handle the heavier load with batteries. Whether it comes to pass remains to be seen. Otherwise we are probably looking at an evolved HO ecoboost with a few more ponies.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
isnt it funny how they have trained us to believe to assume there will be the end to the raptor?

"EVs are future!!" "END FOSSIL FUELS!" "CARBON BAD!!"

the government propaganda and CAFE BS needs to end and let the free markets rule. its a smear campaign on gasoline.. no more money to be made on IPOs and startups, and no new policy changes on fossil fuel tech...

"lets make the postal service electric/hydrogen/nuclear and invest $50B, but before we talk about that, let me go buy $1M of this startup IPO Electric/hydrogen/nuclear vehicle company and then give them the contract"

its a travesty..

I dont believe its going anywhere in the near term.. if im wrong 50 years from now, (99 years old), ill probably be dead anyway, but I hope there will still be a new raptor available..