Tires... Need ur experience..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falken Wild Peak has won many fans this year. One of the feature that swayed me was the speed rating meets or exceeds the oem BFGs. I bought the Americas Tires (Discount Tires) version called Rocky Ridge. Very happy with wet/dry on/off road behavior. A couple threads about them. Check em out then let us know what you chose.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

You drinking that e151 again? Or does "saposeto exselarate" really mean something?

I tried to google Rocky Ridge tires and couldn't find anything?

mrwizard93

Reaction score
I've noticed that most of the tires mentioned here don't have a tread warranty.

I did see that some like Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 (5Y-50K), Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S (same), and Firestone Destination A/T (same) have warranties. Is there a reason why everyone seems to not be considering these for their Raptor? Is the look that bad or is it a performance issue?

I don't want my truck looking like a bitch-mobile but $1,200 is not pocket change and it would suck to not have any warranty on tire wear.

We can say bitch on here without getting booted, right?

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been very happy with my toyo at II's im at 50k miles and still have anywhere from 10 to 20k left in them. I have the 35/12.5/17

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Concerning warrantys, I've never been able to use a tread depth as excuse for getting new tires. The structure, belts or rubber, always go first. This isn't covered. So I ignore tread depth promises. Togo mt is is my most signifacant example. On my jeep street queen, the rubber got so hard I couldn't take the ride anymore. Had plenty of tread left. BTW, toyos are a good tire.

mrwizard93

Reaction score

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's within a half inch of the stock tires spec. They are both close to 34.5 tall and 12.5 wide.

This is a good thread. I still have half the tread left on the stock BFG's at 20k miles, but I've already been doing research for the replacements. Coming from driving sports cars I will say that high speed handling and speed rating is important to me. Also I'd be nice to have something that performs better in mud but equal to the on road performance as the BFG's. I was thinking about the Duratracs but saw someone say that they are not as stable at higher speeds. I'm liking the Toyo AT II' s because they have a speed rating of 106mph and look like they'd perform better in mud. The other factor is weight, the AT's are close to stock weight. I can't justify adding 20lbs. Per wheel when I only spend 1% or less time in mud.