Tires... Need ur experience..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 For the Toyo M/Ts and Methods (I'm on NVs)

-Mine only see about 10% offroad use, but that's still about 2500 miles a year.
-My stock BFGs chunked and fell apart after 17000 miles, but these toyos have held up awesome so far.
-They look great, I get tons of complements. Even the people who initially made fun of me for spending so much on wheels and tires have to agree that they totally change the look and stance of the truck.
-Theyre definitely louder, noticeable at speeds over 50 mph and pretty loud at over 80 mph.
-They're awesome in the rain, which we get just about everyday of the summer here in Miami. I'll comfortably cruise at 75 down the highway while everyone else is stuck in the left lanes at 50.
-Finally, they're awesome in the mud, have yet to get stuck since I put them on.

Oh and +1 for the 17s as well. Even if you don't take them offroad that much, you still never have to worry about a curb again.

Last edited:

mrwizard93

Reaction score
@MIAMIRAPTA - I am in Miami too. I am in West Kendall close to Miccosukee on Krome and Tamiami!

I admit that the Toyo M/Ts look tough and I really like the look! But, the Toyo A/T has the warranty that could save me some $$$ later on. Not to mention that they are about $40 more per tire.

Right now it looks like I would be considering these (costs and other info came from quick web searches for those of you that are interested) -

1. Toyo Open Country A/T II ($265, 50K, Load rating E, 10-ply)
2. Falken Wild Peak A/T ($255, 50K warranty, Load rating D, 3-ply)
3. Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S ($235, 50K, Load rating D, 8-ply)
4. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 ($225, 50K, Load rating E, 10-ply)

The Falkens have only 3 ply sidewalls from what I found. Is this right for the rating???

So what are the votes from here??? (by the way, this is my starting order of preference based on some of the research and input from here).

Thanks for the help!!!

Last edited:

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain here because there is a lot of love for Duratracs on this forum, but I can't stand that tire. It shouldn't be the main factor when choosing tires, but I just can't get past it's hideously disgusting tread pattern (my opinion). This is in no way saying they aren't good performing tires, so if you're ok with their looks or don't care about their looks... go for it.

I'll throw another vote in for the Toyo MT. If you want better rain/ice/snow traction, get them siped at Discount Tire, I believe it's like $10 per tire.

Go with the 17" wheels... 20" wheels are not for Raptors. That's like putting a mud-terrain on a Honda Civic.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain here because there is a lot of love for Duratracs on this forum, but I can't stand that tire. It shouldn't be the main factor when choosing tires, but I just can't get past it's hideously disgusting tread pattern (my opinion). This is in no way saying they aren't good performing tires, so if you're ok with their looks or don't care about their looks... go for it.

I'll throw another vote in for the Toyo MT. If you want better rain/ice/snow traction, get them siped at Discount Tire, I believe it's like $10 per tire.

Go with the 17" wheels... 20" wheels are not for Raptors. That's like putting a mud-terrain on a Honda Civic.

What kind of tires do you run on your raptor?

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run BFG KM2's. I have ran them in desert, rocks, mud, and snow and have no complaints except for icey conditions. low noise and hold balance well also not heavy tire. and I do 90+ mph on roads sometimes. a good tire for me so far.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kind of tires do you run on your raptor?

Currently stock, but about to order the 37" BFG AT that you have. Why do you ask? If they made the Toyo MT in a 36", I would go that route and probably have them siped as I live in Michigan where it rains and snows often... especailly this year. I really just wanted something larger than a 35" and the undersized 37" BFG AT fit the bill for me. I've been driving trucks exclusively for 19 years and have put more aggressive tires on all of them; I've strayed from BFG a few times, but always come back.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently stock, but about to order the 37" BFG AT that you have. Why do you ask? If they made the Toyo MT in a 36", I would go that route and probably have them siped as I live in Michigan where it rains and snows often... especailly this year. I really just wanted something larger than a 35" and the undersized 37" BFG AT fit the bill for me. I've been driving trucks exclusively for 19 years and have put more aggressive tires on all of them; I've strayed from BFG a few times, but always come back.

Ahh that's cool. The alternative I was considering over the Toyo was a Nitto trail grappler because they offer it in a 37/12.50 versus the 13.50 of the Toyo, and they are the same company. Just curious as to what you were running because you seem pretty particular about tires. Where can I find a picture of your truck?