Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

timing phaser TSB coming

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Recalls | TSB's | SSM's' started by nmp1, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Denvertaco07

Denvertaco07 Full Access Member

Oh, right, after reading through, user FordTechOne, who I assume is an engineer of some sorts at Ford, did say that. I hope that's right. I'm sorry anyone has had to deal with this issue.

Thanks FordTechOne!

FordTechOne likes this.
  2. FordTechOne

FordTechOne Full Access Member

Cam Phaser part numbers were updated mid-2018 due to the design/manufacturing change to correct the issue.

3. FordTechOne

If that's how you feel about my contributions, then choose not to follow any of my posts.

4. FordTechOne

I hear you.

To your point...it's the internet. If you provide all of your personal details, you just took on a second job!

I hear what you're saying, all good :happy160:

goblues38 likes this.
  5. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

yeah, count your blessings. That’s really pretty high praise from @goblues38

"He or she is most likely the star of my 500 pound life and has been stuck in their moms basement for the last 2 years passing time on car forums as an "expert”....

He probably can’t even type his opinion of me here without at least a 30 day time out and possibly an investigation from law enforcement ;-)

FordTechOne likes this.
  6. goblues38

goblues38 FRF Addict

@smurfslayer now why you gotta be like that. The only one i have ever blocked on here, well, one person, 7 user names, is The Squatch!!! You warned me early.

smurfslayer and Booth9999 like this.
  7. 321raptor

321raptor Member

my 2017 started doing the cold start rattle crap the other day...making an appt with the dealership to look at it, I've done some digging but can't seem to find any reference to this mysterious TSB that was supposed to come out near the end of 2019...anyone know if it did?

8. FordTechOne

There is an SSM for the cam phaser cold start rattle concern, not a TSB. 2017 models also have a TSB for a wastegate rattle, which can also occur on a cold start. A proper diagnosis by the dealer will determine if either service message is applicable.

9. TXRaptor

TXRaptor FRF Addict

If FordTechOne is not what he says, he has done extensive research from his moms basement to the point that he should be hired by Ford just for the benefit he provides to them through this forum. His posts are clear, very well articulated and have never been proven incorrect that I can recall.

brianh87 and FordTechOne like this.
  10. 321raptor

321raptor Member

local Ford diagnosed it as the cam phaser issue...now Im just dealing with my extended warranty not wanting to cover the repair...

day 3 driving a loaner jeep and I think depression is beginning to settle in..