this is shady af right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Forget about it and move on.

I'd e-mail the GM and/or Owner. Most websites have their emails posted.

That’s pretty cheeky for sure. It’s frustrating, but use it as a life lesson and get on with life. You will spend a lot of time, breath and keystrokes trying to recover some measure of satisfaction, but if the salesman did this he wasn’t freelancing, he had at least tacit approval from management.

Some business aren’t ethical. Don’t shop there.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Galpin here in Prescott was easy to deal with.

Except they cancelled my Scab order after 7 weeks. The only answer I could get them to give me was “covid”, but others on here ordered Scabs after I did and theirs are getting delivered. I’m still planning on pulling my Bronco order from them.

Chinook101

Reaction score
Ok. My MSRP was right at 74K. Their invoice was 69K. I got it for 1500 below that, low 67K. They typically sell for 1500 below invoice at that dealer. I shopped around... 100 mile radius. Nobody could beat their price. I can provide you with the guy's name if you want to contact him. However, he is in Alabama. They said they're getting 5 more 2020's in before the 21's come out.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except they cancelled my Scab order after 7 weeks. The only answer I could get them to give me was “covid”, but others on here ordered Scabs after I did and theirs are getting delivered. I’m still planning on pulling my Bronco order from them.

Damn - that sucks. Guess it'***** or miss as with most dealers. I can only give my anecdotal opinion.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of Raptors around. Keep searching and travel if you have to.
The 5 dealers by me wanted 10K above MSRP. One wanted 5K over on a 19.
I drove 100 miles each way and got it 2K under sticker. NY area is tough on pricing.

irtmks

Reaction score
Wow, what a timely post. I was "in the fray" in Arizona yesterday. I researched all available Supercab Raptors in AZ.
I had contacted three AZ dealers and was not confident that I would be able to "talk them off the ledge" of insanity.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing on Tuesday afternoon. All dealers were hitting pretty hefty add-ons. My sticker price was $60,360. The dealer price (before tax, stupid doc fee etc.) was $74,112. I called a dealer I had purchased several trucks from over the years who told me that if I ordered, He would not charge the BS stuff. While I was deciding on what we wanted, he called back to say that the 2020 Raptor factory was closed to any new orders. Done!

So, I went down to the dealer, that had one that was not "bone" at least and spent about 6 hours and got it back to the sticker price at least. Whew, exhausting. Not the best deal I have made in my life, but it worked for me considering I found exactly 3 Supercab's available in Arizona and Las Vegas area of NV.

So if you want a 2020 - I would say "Move" because apparently, not many more are coming to the market but always use your head. Sometimes enough is enough with dealer games.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a timely post. I was "in the fray" in Arizona yesterday. I researched all available Supercab Raptors in AZ.
I had contacted three AZ dealers and was not confident that I would be able to "talk them off the ledge" of insanity.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing on Tuesday afternoon. All dealers were hitting pretty hefty add-ons. My sticker price was $60,360. The dealer price (before tax, stupid doc fee etc.) was $74,112. I called a dealer I had purchased several trucks from over the years who told me that if I ordered, He would not charge the BS stuff. While I was deciding on what we wanted, he called back to say that the 2020 Raptor factory was closed to any new orders. Done!

So, I went down to the dealer, that had one that was not "bone" at least and spent about 6 hours and got it back to the sticker price at least. Whew, exhausting. Not the best deal I have made in my life, but it worked for me considering I found exactly 3 Supercab's available in Arizona and Las Vegas area of NV.

So if you want a 2020 - I would say "Move" because apparently, not many more are coming to the market but always use your head. Sometimes enough is enough with dealer games.

That is why I jumped on a Scab in Albuquerque end of last month. San Tan was crazy on theirs, Peoria wanted over MSRP on a base Leadfoot, and Anderson in Kingman had a demo with method wheels I didn’t like for $2K over MSRP. I was looking for an 802A but would’ve settled for an 801A, not many Scabs left out there.