this is shady af right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duc916sps

Reaction score
Forget about it and move on. Plenty of options out there. Try AutoNation Ford in Scottsdale. One of the most painless transactions I have had. Good deal and they delivered.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahahaha

If any of that shocks anyone is what's funny (and the barely understandable english from both sides) That and you spent the time out of your day to haggle with the guy by text message.

Getting you AT THE LOT is a huge rule with sales and their ******** pressure tactics.

Most people don't like confrontation, so it works more than you would think.

I don't see the big deal. Their job is to get as much money as possible out of you no matter what. Your job is to get what you want and pay the least amount.

Tell them to eat a bag of ***** and move on. Eventually you will get what you want......or not.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd e-mail the GM and/or Owner. Most websites have their emails posted.

I bought a new 2013 for invoice from Sanderson back in 2013. I didn't think he was actually going to give it to me for invoice and expected him to change his mind or add something to it last minute. He kept his word and I bought it. I was ready to walk out any time.

metalwhiz

Reaction score
funny you mention that lol. one of their manager's sent me this 3 weeks ago. was considering going to them but i'm legitimately considering out of state now.

sc10.jpg
I actually got a pretty good deal from Peoria two years ago. They had a truck I liked and got for 3000 under MSRP, offered good trade in value, and made them eat most of the BS add ons, but was there all day to get all this. That being said, they are kinda ****** and not sure I'd go back. Have bought two previous trucks at Chapman in past, but couldn't get them to deal on a Raptor or Mustang for my wife. Def would avoid Camelback, Bell Ford, and San Tan.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man u guys on the west get a lot of BS with these Raptors. I shopped around here on east with a handful of dealers and all Raptors were priced at or near invoice from the get go. NO dealer add on garbage, no haggling, nothing. They were all eager to move a raptor. Wonder why its such a different market there vs here?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man u guys on the west get a lot of BS with these Raptors. I shopped around here on east with a handful of dealers and all Raptors were priced at or near invoice from the get go. NO dealer add on garbage, no haggling, nothing. They were all eager to move a raptor. Wonder why its such a different market there vs here?

Maybe because we have a lot of terrain where the Raptor can do what it was designed to do?

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pretty much my experience here in the midwest as well. Just completed a deal on a new 2019. Couldn't have been easier. OP I suggest you consider travelling to the midwest to avoid the BS. You guys seem to have it tough out there. Check out the small town dealers throughout Illinois and Indiana. You will be well under MSRP without any add ons.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah call your congressman while your at it.

both a waste of time and effort
Well, that's fine to think like that. I know lots of dealers, and they are regulated just like any other business. Dealing with a complaint like that, with all that written evidence, would be a pain in the ass for sure.

OP--Buddy's family owns a bunch of Ford dealerships. PM me if you want me to see if he can find you what you're looking for at a good price.