Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

this is shady af right?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by highwhey, Aug 18, 2020.

1. highwhey

highwhey Member

i'm searching for a raptor at invoice. anyhow, been talking to a local dealer. finally a salesman bites and sends me this e-mail:

[​IMG]

i couldn't make it. so i restart our conversation this week and once again request invoice price. they sent it:
    [​IMG]

so of course, i go in thinking they will do invoice, test drive it and go home while they work on financials. then they try to hit me with full MSRP + 4k in dealer add ons.

so i ask wtf, you said invoice, to which they send these gems:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lol, even if they want to boil it down to miscommunication, they purposely misled me hoping i would be desperate enough to go for it. feels slimy.

sorry, just ranting bc forgot how slimy some salesmen can be.

Jordan M and CoronaRaptor like this.
  2. Booth9999

Booth9999 Professional basket weaver level 7

Yeah I hate when they dick you around.

Bryantbjb likes this.
  3. isis

isis FRF Addict

That guy should be barred from internet deals just on his grammar alone.

4. Denvertaco07

Denvertaco07 Full Access Member

"If we provide you invoice + "ADD" (what is that?) + TTL, will you shop with us"

So his tactic is to "show you the invoice" but not actually sell to you at invoice and then claim honesty because he "showed" you. wow, that's some serious mind gymnastics.

Jordan M and KDub like this.
  5. Jake226

Jake226 Full Access Member

My favorite part...”I would think you could afford an extra $8,000 if you wanted it.”

That comment alone is infuriating. Send your experience to the sales manager. If that doesn’t illicit a heartfelt apology and a decent offer on the truck then I’d let everyone in the area know they were slimebags.

6. Denvertaco07

Also, I don't see 79504 VIN in their inventory. What is the VIN of the one you are referring to?

7. MattR

MattR Full Access Member

Reading that made my head hurt.

Its just a little more. Don't haggle me about a little bit of money. Its only 8,000 more.

Jake226, Jordan M and Bryantbjb like this.
  8. 970rap

970rap Member

Yeah, it's shady. When I was shopping for a used Raptor I had one dealership agree a $2K reduction from their advertised price. Then when they provided the written itemized invoice showing the reduction plus TTL they tacked on $1900 in BS extras like VIN etching and something about a SafeKey. I simply told them their truck wasn't for me and moved on. At the end of the day they are the seller and we're the buyers. We can either buy it or go to the next one. Trying to argue or haggle with them won't get you anywhere. They do this shit because it must work, at least often enough, and dealerships like these don't want to deal with people who read the paperwork, do their research, and care about the numbers.

LowVolt, Jordan M and Troutrad like this.
  9. Denvertaco07

Hit them up on the white one at $75,260 1FTFW1RG6LFA33956

That one has been on their lot since November. The others are relatively new to the lot, July of this year.

10. highwhey

highwhey Member