this is shady af right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm searching for a raptor at invoice. anyhow, been talking to a local dealer. finally a salesman bites and sends me this e-mail:

sc1.png

i couldn't make it. so i restart our conversation this week and once again request invoice price. they sent it:
sc2.png

so of course, i go in thinking they will do invoice, test drive it and go home while they work on financials. then they try to hit me with full MSRP + 4k in dealer add ons.

so i ask wtf, you said invoice, to which they send these gems:

sc5.jpg

sc6.jpg
sc7.jpg
sc8.jpg

lol, even if they want to boil it down to miscommunication, they purposely misled me hoping i would be desperate enough to go for it. feels slimy.

sorry, just ranting bc forgot how slimy some salesmen can be.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"If we provide you invoice + "ADD" (what is that?) + TTL, will you shop with us"

So his tactic is to "show you the invoice" but not actually sell to you at invoice and then claim honesty because he "showed" you. wow, that's some serious mind gymnastics.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite part...”I would think you could afford an extra $8,000 if you wanted it.”

That comment alone is infuriating. Send your experience to the sales manager. If that doesn’t illicit a heartfelt apology and a decent offer on the truck then I’d let everyone in the area know they were slimebags.

970rap

Reaction score
Yeah, it's shady. When I was shopping for a used Raptor I had one dealership agree a $2K reduction from their advertised price. Then when they provided the written itemized invoice showing the reduction plus TTL they tacked on $1900 in BS extras like VIN etching and something about a SafeKey. I simply told them their truck wasn't for me and moved on. At the end of the day they are the seller and we're the buyers. We can either buy it or go to the next one. Trying to argue or haggle with them won't get you anywhere. They do this shit because it must work, at least often enough, and dealerships like these don't want to deal with people who read the paperwork, do their research, and care about the numbers.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit them up on the white one at $75,260 1FTFW1RG6LFA33956

That one has been on their lot since November. The others are relatively new to the lot, July of this year.