Headlights Come on when truck is OFF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxnate

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I found a similar thread on this forum, but the resolution didn't work for me.
I'll come home, lock up the truck and the lights and everything will go off. If I double press lock, I get 1 honk as normal.
However, i'll go back outside maybe 30 minutes later, and my headlights are back on. Not the running lights or the amber light strips, just purely the front headlights.
I've made sure the switch is even off (was on auto), and it makes no different.

If I go go blip the lock button again, lights go off. 30 minutes, they are on again.

I went in to advanced settings, and turned off day time running lights.

Any ideas?? Still happening :[ going to kill my battery....

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would reboot it. If that doesn't work, make sure the software is up to date. Have you pulled codes?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must’ve been parked too close to a Lincoln.

OP
OP
R

rxnate

Reaction score
I would reboot it. If that doesn't work, make sure the software is up to date. Have you pulled codes?

No codes are shown.
I have not done any FORSCAN mods. I know only know vaguely what that is, sort of like tuning, but have not done any.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It probably wouldn’t hurt to get FORSCAN and check for DTC’s at the module level and see what shows up. you just need a windoze laptop, and OBD2 dongle - see the thread Forscan changes - tweak your truck

You probably have a module gone bad. I would do the DTC check, and take video of your truck to assist in troubleshooting further - in case you need to hit up a stealership.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have anything aftermarket installed such as lighting, audio, GPS, OBD2 plug-ins, etc? That’s the most common cause of these types of issues.

Also note that if the BCM loses communication with the headlamp switch, it defaults the headlights on as a failsafe. I’ve seen far to many aftermarket circuits spliced into the headlamp switch wiring causing that issue.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was playing around with the zone lighting in my ford pass app tonight. You wouldn’t happen to have that zone turned on in there from your phone would ya? I didn’t try to see if it had similar behavior, but it might.

OP
OP
R

rxnate

Reaction score
So I was playing around with the zone lighting in my ford pass app tonight. You wouldn’t happen to have that zone turned on in there from your phone would ya? I didn’t try to see if it had similar behavior, but it might.

I didn't know Ford had an app lol, so I guess not