this is shady af right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any onlooking salesmen that are honest, don't have shame...shoot your shot with me, i'm open to buying out of state if you're willing to do invoice+no add ons.

looking for a white or performance blue 802a package.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny you mention that lol. one of their manager's sent me this 3 weeks ago. was considering going to them but i'm legitimately considering out of state now.

sc10.jpg

Typical Peoria crap. Unreal how they stay in business.

Thats what we did. Baring some last minute BS we are picking up ours in the middle of the country lol. Try Metro Ford of OKC.

https://www.metrofordofokc.com/searchall.aspx?q=raptor

They have 45 of them. Not getting ours from there but I'd give them a ring. Make sure to ask for a salesperson, we didn't do that and it sort of soured us.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a sales person talked to me like that, I would certainly be taking my business elsewhere. Not only could he not properly put a sentence together, his tactics were blatantly deceitful. I would not trust a deal from them if the owner of the company himself begged me.

As an FYI, I got BELOW invoice on my 2019 back in November here in Houston just 6 miles from my house. Depending on how you value your time, it might be worth while to shop out of city/state if no other dealership will come close to invoice.

jintro

Reaction score
Avoid Camelback like the plague. If you think the salesman part was bad, be glad you didn’t get any further and deal with the finance guy, etc. Absolute worst car buying experience I’ve ever had. I also spent weeks after the sale going back and forth with them to reimburse me for some of their crap dealer “add ons” that we’re never actually put on the truck... wheel locks, tailgate lock, etc were all on the paperwork but not on the vehicle. I bought the most expensive raptor on the lot and got treated like garbage. For the record I did pay under sticker for it, but the overall experience wasn’t worth it.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Avoid Camelback like the plague. If you think the salesman part was bad, be glad you didn’t get any further and deal with the finance guy, etc. Absolute worst car buying experience I’ve ever had. I also spent weeks after the sale going back and forth with them to reimburse me for some of their crap dealer “add ons” that we’re never actually put on the truck... wheel locks, tailgate lock, etc were all on the paperwork but not on the vehicle. I bought the most expensive raptor on the lot and got treated like garbage. For the record I did pay under sticker for it, but the overall experience wasn’t worth it.
sorry to hear that bs.

if i had more time on my hands, i'd go to that news consumer fraud show, to snitch them out...and i don't like snitches.

i just hate the con they do.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocked at their lack of professionalism.

I am not shocked, many of the car sales guys are barely high school grads who have been brainwashed in the ********* method of salesmanship designed to extract every last penny out of each customer at every step in the process. Many of them are brand new and cycle in and out of stores like I use paper towels. Many of them sell 5-10 cars to their friends and family in their first 2-3 months and then cycle out to the next crappy job. Some dealers look to make the most profit per unit, other dealerships make their numbers on volume, the high volume stores are more likely to give a deal. Find the fleet sales guy or the guy who has been there for 10+ years. I know some great salespeople, but they are rare.

Camelback, Peoria, and Surprise Ford are all owned by the same automotive group, but Camelback is under different management. I would rather buy a truck from Chapman, Earnhardt, or Sanderson; all of which are AZ owned. I’m sure others will chime in with horror stories of each of those.

San Tan Ford is also terrible to deal with, they told me MSRP plus $2795 in BS on a truck they’d had sitting on their lot for 8 months when I had a $500 over invoice deal in Albuquerque in hand, the guy was about as professional at this guy at Camelback. Needless to say I bought in ABQ.

The sales tactics at some dealerships are terrible, get you on the lot and pressure you into buying. At least with San Tan it was complete ambiguity about selling a truck under MSRP plus addendum. The buying experience at Power Ford in Albuquerque was pleasant and low pressure. My salesman in ABQ was 2 weeks in the business, but he was professional and easy to work with. They have this loaded white one in transit. I can provide contact info if interested.

https://www.powerfordnm.com/new-Albuquerque-2020-Ford-F+150-Raptor-1FTFW1RG6LFC73315

Last edited:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"If we provide you invoice + "ASS" (what is that?) + *******, will you shop with us"

So his tactic is to "show you the invoice" but not actually sell to you at invoice and then claim honesty because he "showed" you. wow, that's some serious mind gymnastics.

FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jintro

Reaction score
I am not shocked, many of the car sales guys are barely high school grads who have been brainwashed in the ********* method of salesmanship designed to extract every last penny out of each customer at every step in the process. Many of them are brand new and cycle in and out of stores like I use paper towels. Many of them sell 5-10 cars to their friends and family in their first 2-3 months and then cycle out to the next crappy job. Some dealers look to make the most profit per unit, other dealerships make their numbers on volume, the high volume stores are more likely to give a deal. Find the fleet sales guy or the guy who has been there for 10+ years. I know some great salespeople, but they are rare.

Camelback, Peoria, and Surprise Ford are all owned by the same automotive group, but Camelback is under different management. I would rather buy a truck from Chapman, Earnhardt, or Sanderson; all of which are AZ owned. I’m sure others will chime in with horror stories of each of those.

San Tan Ford is also terrible to deal with, they told me MSRP plus $2795 in BS on a truck they’d had sitting on their lot for 8 months when I had a $500 over invoice deal in Albuquerque in hand, the guy was about as professional at this guy at Camelback. Needless to say I bought in ABQ.

The sales tactics at some dealerships are terrible, get you on the lot and pressure you into buying. At least with San Tan it was complete ambiguity about selling a truck under MSRP plus addendum. The buying experience at Power Ford in Albuquerque was pleasant and low pressure. My salesman in ABQ was 2 weeks in the business, but he was professional and easy to work with. They have this loaded white one in transit. I can provide contact info if interested.

https://www.powerfordnm.com/new-Albuquerque-2020-Ford-F+150-Raptor-1FTFW1RG6LFC73315

I’ve had great luck at Chapman, for service anyway (at both the Ford and BMW locations), no buying experience there though. When I was truck shopping a year and a half ago I stopped at San Tan... they had one on the lot I liked - the window sticker said 72k, test drove it, got back and was passed over to another person who said the actual price was 92k. I said wtf and they tried telling me all raptors have a 20k premium added... I literally laughed in the guys face and left.

I also think the dealer add on stuff is a load of crap that they all pull now. I couldn’t find a truck that didn’t already have window tint/nitrogen in the tires/“special paint coating”/door handle scratch guards/wheel locks/etc etc etc. Once that stuff is on you can’t take it off and they make about $2500 per truck extra profit with it.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the laws in AZ, but in CO that would be bait and switch which is illegal. I'd forward all of that to the state dealer board!