TheStraightPipes review released today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mobiia

Reaction score
Some small **** energy in this thread on both sides; this is what gives truck guys a bad rep imo. Both engines have their pros and cons, buy what you want and enjoy. It's ok to prefer the sound of a V8. It's ok to admit the TRX is a badass truck. It's ok if an ecoboost is faster than your 6.2l. Guess what? looks are subjective.

Just go hit the dunes or trails my guys.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And yet… another view of the GEN3 TTV6 fan boys…

most of them are all stroking their dongs at the thought of the Raptor R…. With the V8… so are you guys saying you don’t like the Raptor R concept because it will have a V8 and is therefore inferior to the TTV6 that you would take “8 days a week” over a V8? … some how I’m thinking you wouldn’t

I then expect to see similar posts in the Raptor R section when the truck comes out.. that you would take your TTV6 over that truck… I bet I see the opposite

(The post has been stirred.. with a nice heaping portion of Morton’s for flavor)

And yet your 6.2 might as well being a flathead compared to either. Judging an engine based solely on cylinder count proves you have no understanding of engine performance or design. The Gen 2 3.5 was designed solely as a truck engine from inception, and it outperforms the 6.2 in every regard. The Predator 5.2 will offer more power than the 3.5 with similar durability, but at the expense of fuel economy. It always amazes me how those who know the least seem to say the most.

puffyshirt

Reaction score
Never heard of these guys, but it was a fun watch. Made me miss my long gone Gen1. Starting that beast up in my garage made me smile EVERY SINGLE F'IN time. That being said, it looks pretty long in the tooth, especially the interior. If I could buy back my Gen1 for $30K, I definitely would, but my heart is set on the Raptor R. Probably the last V8 Raptor ever.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having been on these forums long enough, my instincts of the reactions were accurate. Regardless, I made the post with the admission of my bias - so no one should be shocked. (Even though some actually appear offended...)

ANYWAY:
I often ponder while reading through the [tons] of forum posts of people defending their superior TTV6 motors, an interesting hypothetical question:
IF Ford produced two engine options in the current Gen Raptor, with similar performance, similar weight distribution, and similar options, but with only TWO variations, which would you buy(?):
1. ~450 HP V8
2. ~450 HP TTV6

Interested in your responses. :)
V8 then supercharge it.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this video was kind of a Gen 1 circle jerk.
bUt tHe sOuNd.
Who cares. Gen 2 sounded meh. Gen 3 sounds like a GTR, Gen 1 sounds like a V8. Big deal. And honestly. Unless you have a cammed LS, v8s sound decent. But they’re not *that* special.

I’ll take a 911 GT3 or GT2 sound any day over any V8 anyway.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
What is this? missed it, ........