GEN 3 Raptor Alcon Brake Kit... Group Buy???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id argue both have heavy history in racing as Wilwood is used on drag, funny cars, Nd other racing applications since the 70s-80s
Yea but being a big name in drag racing brakes is not the same as road racing brakes. You don’t see a lot of Wilwood setups in road racing.

With that said I’m sure their brakes on the Raptor are great.

Squatcho82

Reaction score
Yea but being a big name in drag racing brakes is not the same as road racing brakes. You don’t see a lot of Wilwood setups in road racing.

With that said I’m sure their brakes on the Raptor are great.
This is what I was getting at. Drag racing and pro touring is one thing. Endurance racing is another. F1, Nascar, GTLM, GTE, GTD all run Alcon, Essex, or AP.
There is nothing wrong with Wilwood, but they are not on the same level and do not carry the same pedigree for long term reliability and durability. Now for 99% of the people out there that truly have no idea what they are looking at, they probably look like the best thing in the world. To those of us who have owned Wilwood, Essex, and AP, we know the difference.

To further elaborate, I reached out to Wilwood regarding the kit with some questions regarding testing metrics and results. They clear as day stated that they do not conduct any performance testing and have no data available. They do not have the resources to conduct such testing. How do you market something as an "upgrade" with no data to back that up? They lost some points from me for deceptive marketing.

With that said, I still have not ruled out running them on my truck because they will fit under 17's and I know they will perform better than stock. At this point I am trying to determine their rotor offset because I want to know if I will be married to their overpriced branded once piece rotors.

sys999

Reaction score
This is what I was getting at. Drag racing and pro touring is one thing. Endurance racing is another. F1, Nascar, GTLM, GTE, GTD all run Alcon, Essex, or AP.
There is nothing wrong with Wilwood, but they are not on the same level and do not carry the same pedigree for long term reliability and durability. Now for 99% of the people out there that truly have no idea what they are looking at, they probably look like the best thing in the world. To those of us who have owned Wilwood, Essex, and AP, we know the difference.

To further elaborate, I reached out to Wilwood regarding the kit with some questions regarding testing metrics and results. They clear as day stated that they do not conduct any performance testing and have no data available. They do not have the resources to conduct such testing. How do you market something as an "upgrade" with no data to back that up? They lost some points from me for deceptive marketing.

With that said, I still have not ruled out running them on my truck because they will fit under 17's and I know they will perform better than stock. At this point I am trying to determine their rotor offset because I want to know if I will be married to their overpriced branded once piece rotors.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Stopping once at the end of a 1/4 mile every few minutes doesn’t impose the same demands as track driving or trying to stop a gigantic truck at speed in the sand over and over again.

Love the idea of Alcons fitting under stock wheels, I’d be down for GB if economics of it were compelling… otherwise will just wait for Black Friday sales or whatever.