So, What did you have to do to get YOUR Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that this might make an interesting thread. I am sure that many of us got our Raptor, not because we needed a vehicle with these capabilities, but because we Wanted one. So what did you have to do to get yours?

My wife provided me a list of 5 very difficult projects she had been clamoring for quite some time. Evidently very important to her.

The List:
1. Replacing Front Windows and painting all the woodwork in Oil Based Enamel
2. Rewire and refurbish antique oil lamp and install in Living Room Vaulted Ceiling with no electrical access nearby.
3. Create Fireplace pedestals to match existing Mantle
4. Add decorative woodwork paneling to staircase.
5. Replace Front Door and Side Light to "Her Liking"

Finished #3 and #4 this weekend.

#1 I did all measuring and installed myself, saving 75%. I trimmed exterior fins on site for a tight 1/8" gap to existing woodwork.
IMAG1060.jpg
IMAG1061.jpg

#2 was a pain, I hired professional electrician to cut the holes and wire the box. I refurbed the lamp, hung, fixed ceiling and walls. This required extensive drywall repair, painting and texturing ceiling exceeding 20' tall.
IMAG1062.jpg
IMAG1063.jpg

#3 Caulked this in while doing finish work on the stairs
IMAG1059.jpg
IMAG1057.jpg
IMAG1058.jpg

#4 The white portion above the floor molding was added. I spent the better part of 8 hours figuring out those crazy angles. I had professional do the stairs some time ago.
IMAG1054.jpg
IMAG1052.jpg
IMAG1051.jpg
IMAG1053.jpg

#5 (Not done yet) Replacing the Front Door. Believe it or not, I started this project first and have been thru a half dozen potential vendors. Found a winner at the fair who will do custom stained glass in new door and will fit to existing frame. All I will have to do is manage the project and do the trim.

IMAG1064.jpg

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
honestly nothing. i told the wife i am getting a new truck she said ok. my wife is a stay at home mother and i make all the money. i got her a brand new car last summer replacing an 06 without her even asking so she doesnt have much to say about it

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got divorced. Problem solved!

Same here!!!!
Though after she got done taking half my shit it took a little longer to get the Raptor than originally planed.

Silver lining though, I had to wait so I got a sweet 6.2L instead of one of those week 5.4s... lol