So, What did you have to do to get YOUR Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering in the 6 years we've been together I've been through 5 cars, I had to promise a car seat would see its place in the back seat at some time. So I basically promised to keep it for a minimum of 5 years. Which I had planned on anyways.

And then I made her promise I can get suspension and wheels/tires before we have a kid. The faster she lets me spend money the faster we get to start a family lol

Personally, I would take a kid or two or 10 over a raptor. I am lucky to have both, but my kids are way cooler than my Raptor will ever be.

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started looking for a new pickup after my 2K Silverado Z71 turned 10 years old. Just couldn't bring myself to get another one after the bailouts, so that narrowed my list significantly. Saw my first Raptor in the fall of 2010 and convinced the wife I could get a couple more years out of the Chevy if we could pinch our pennies for this most badass truck. With just over 300K miles, I traded the Z71 in on a used '11 SCREW street queen. Nothing else was going to satisfy my appetite after I'd test driven a Raptor earlier in the year. I enjoyed being the first one to really get her nasty off road.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Personally, I would take a kid or two or 10 over a raptor. I am lucky to have both, but my kids are way cooler than my Raptor will ever be.

I'm not saying I don't want kids. I absolutely do. But I'm 25 and want to enjoy a few years with my wife without kids before we start a family. She wants to start in 2-3 and I want to start in 3-5 but don't mind starting earlier if the Raptor is mostly done how I want. Once we have kids, the mods will immediately cease lol