GEN 2 Seeking input from the masses re predicament Ive placed myself in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m an idiot

That being said I had the icon leveling kit installed on my vehicle by ford when I put my 17” rotiforms on. I was told level was necessary to facilitate the offset of the rotiforms.

A couple thousand later and boom I have the roti’s and the level installed. Problem is I told the dealer to put the adjustment of the leveling kit at 2.25”. So truck looks cool but sits about 7/8” higher in the front. This is pretty indiscernible to the naked eye but honestly has been bothering the shit out of me for a month or so.

Apparently having the front higher than the back can be bad for the CV boots. Don’t know what those are but I would image so.

My question to anyone who is willing to listen is should I pay the dealer the $300-$400 to adjust the kit down to level (1.5”) or should I buy +3 deavers and run 37”s. Net $3000 more. Or leave it how it is and stop caring so much?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for reference here are some photos of how it looks... what do you think? a8b37c7174867f6005c76bb0e8f5620e.jpg3df37d3bf13095d82a1ce8576225a16b.jpga514104bbcf8aae9d4d456bf1c67da94.jpg

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good, but if it bothers you (I know how that is heh), I'd have it adjusted. Just my opinion though, eventually I'll go to 37's, but will do +3 Deavers, rear bump stops, and work on the wheelwells first, then install a tune and decide if it needs regearing to 4.88's after...

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Apparently having the front higher than the back can be bad for the CV boots. Don’t know what those are but I would image so."

I believe you have 2 issues... the way it looks, and the CV boots. If just to make it look good, go Deavers and 37's. If CV's scare you, lower it. I would tell you CV's will be fine unless axles are spinning a lot. If you aren't off road in 4WD much (it sounds like you're not from above quote), then you should have no issue.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rake looks fine in the pictures. If it is bothering you, go with Deaver +3s and hold off on the 37s until you are ready for them.

I have Giesers which add 2.5" to the front and Deavers +3s. My back is about 3/4" higher than my front.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Apparently having the front higher than the back can be bad for the CV boots. Don’t know what those are but I would image so."

I believe you have 2 issues... the way it looks, and the CV boots. If just to make it look good, go Deavers and 37's. If CV's scare you, lower it. I would tell you CV's will be fine unless axles are spinning a lot. If you aren't off road in 4WD much (it sounds like you're not from above quote), then you should have no issue.

I have not off-roaded a ton but def plan on doing more off roading so with this in mind I’m guessing the +3 deavers will help w that.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
stop for a second here.

Who told you that your CV boots were at risk? Did you tear one?

I ask this because there are literally thousands of raptors out there with collars on them. I've yet to hear about a trend of destroyed boots.

That being said, if you like everything else but have this worry about cv boots, order some beefier boots from kartek, install them, load em up with a $70 tube of grease and be done with it for $150.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stop for a second here.

Who told you that your CV boots were at risk? Did you tear one?

I ask this because there are literally thousands of raptors out there with collars on them. I've yet to hear about a trend of destroyed boots.

That being said, if you like everything else but have this worry about cv boots, order some beefier boots from kartek, install them, load em up with a $70 tube of grease and be done with it for $150.

Yeah so just fill you in, I previously had no idea what a CV boot even was....

When I measured the bitch and figured out it was an inch higher in the front I was told this could cause problems w the CV boot. I am not a mechanic nor am I very mechanically inclined.

I don’t know if this is correct or not.