GEN 2 Seeking input from the masses re predicament Ive placed myself in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The higher the Collar Lift the bigger the risk of tearing the CV Boots. It has nothing to do with front being higher than the rear, its just front being higher increases the angle on the CV joints and boot. I had that problem on 2 Chevy S10 ZR2's 4x4's after raising the front 2" by tightening the torsion bars. It sounds like the Raptor CV Boots can handle the front lift.

Raising the front of the Raptor will change the Camber on the front alignment so a realignment is a must after installing the front lift collars.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some how, at stock ride height, I was able to split the boot on the driver side - with less than 10k miles. It was replaced under factory warranty.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some how, at stock ride height, I was able to split the boot on the driver side - with less than 10k miles. It was replaced under factory warranty.
Have you had the Camber checked on your front alignment. If Camber /tires\ is off alot then the angle could tear the CV Boot. When I installed my mud tires the right side camber was way off. At 5,000 miles? Maybe a pot hole or curb?

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you had the Camber checked on your front alignment. If Camber /tires\ is off alot then the angle could tear the CV Boot. When I installed my mud tires the right side camber was way off. At 5,000 miles? Maybe a pot hole or curb?

I’ve had the alignment checked and it was within spec; I work for a Porsche dealer so thankfully I have easy access to an alignment rack and a tech willing to help me out.

I’ve noted each pot hole during my commute each morning/afternoon so I’m able to avoid them, not all the time but I do my best. I guess I’m just shocked since i shouldn’t have overextended the boot since it’s stock suspension/height. Oh well, it’s fixed.