RAPTOR F150 vs RAPTOR BRONCO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was given one a loaner , pretty cool of the dealer ! But after having it 2 days not a chance id buy one. The wind noise on the highway was insane , like having windows open. The doors are super small and there is no easy exit so its like getting out of a tiny car. Was super fun to drive and felt faster than my raptor

gxgn

Reaction score
Awesome rides…I’m curious, how much more comfortable would you guys say the F-150 Raptor is vs the Braptor for road trips (think 6-12hr drives)?

That is one of my primary considerations, as I wouldn’t ‘need’ a truck, otherwise (no towing or hauling per se), but if the road tripping is absolutely much better I might need to go F-150.

Also, does the ride in the Raptor still feel at all like you are in a performance vehicle or is it basically just a land yacht vs the Braptor?
I tried a Braptor for the first time a few weeks ago. I have a Gen3 and I was thinking of trading mainly to be able to do a few more technical trails in CO. It felt like a fairly significant downgrade for road use. I'm sure Offroad on technical terrain level 4-6 / 10 it's way better than the Raptor. But like you, it would take me > 12 hrs to get to these trails and I think I'll just rent a Rubicon when needed and call it a day.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried a Braptor for the first time a few weeks ago. I have a Gen3 and I was thinking of trading mainly to be able to do a few more technical trails in CO. It felt like a fairly significant downgrade for road use. I'm sure Offroad on technical terrain level 4-6 / 10 it's way better than the Raptor. But like you, it would take me > 12 hrs to get to these trails and I think I'll just rent a Rubicon when needed and call it a day.
Isn’t the Braptor still nearly the width of the Raptor? I’m sure you’d get much less body damage but for technical trails I’d rather just get a Badlands or even a Rubicon.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the Braptor still nearly the width of the Raptor? I’m sure you’d get much less body damage but for technical trails I’d rather just get a Badlands or even a Rubicon.
You're right. The regular bronco is going to be a better trail vehicle in almost every way.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Raptor is a better high speed vehicle with more power and wheelbase, so I’m not sure why the Braptor continues to have so much hype.
The looks have absolutely grown on me, haven't driven one yet (or a GEN3 for that matter) but I could see the appeal for someone who wants a rugged SUV and a Jeep, Bronco or 4runner won't do.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the price of the Braptor is a nonstarter for me. I don't really understand why a Braptor costs 23K more MSRP than a fully loaded Wildtrack. Sorry but 37s and basically the raptor suspension is not worth 23K even if it does have a 3.0 vs 2.7 engine. A Braptor costing the same as a fully loaded 37 raptor is nuts (no cooled seats ****). Thats ignoring the ADMs. They look cool as hell to me, but 79K is the most Id pay. Another point, the Tremor is only a few K shy, once fully loaded, as a gen 3 35. The raptor 35 is well worth it for the extras you're getting over a Tremor and I doubt the deals are flowing yet on tremors for significantly under MSRP (correct me if im wrong). The real head scratcher is people buying tremors for 75K.

Last edited:

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome rides…I’m curious, how much more comfortable would you guys say the F-150 Raptor is vs the Braptor for road trips (think 6-12hr drives)?

That is one of my primary considerations, as I wouldn’t ‘need’ a truck, otherwise (no towing or hauling per se), but if the road tripping is absolutely much better I might need to go F-150.

Also, does the ride in the Raptor still feel at all like you are in a performance vehicle or is it basically just a land yacht vs the Braptor?
I think the F150 Raptor is the best riding vehicle on the road for long trips. Its the only reason I miss it. It can feel like a boat but if you put the springs in sport mode its not bad. I would say the Raptor and Braptor are equivalent there. I feel like the Braptor is faster but I only have anecdotal backup there. For the me the only reason to get a Braptor is if you do a lot of trails, live places you need a shorter vehicle, the daily commute is town/city roads, or you want a convertible in the summer. Outside of that, go with the F150 Raptor. Its a fantastic truck. I got tired of the length of a full size truck and wanted to try out the Bronco's. The Braptor is like owning a Ferrari out here in Colorado haha.

Reaction score
I think the F150 Raptor is the best riding vehicle on the road for long trips. Its the only reason I miss it. It can feel like a boat but if you put the springs in sport mode its not bad. I would say the Raptor and Braptor are equivalent there. I feel like the Braptor is faster but I only have anecdotal backup there. For the me the only reason to get a Braptor is if you do a lot of trails, live places you need a shorter vehicle, the daily commute is town/city roads, or you want a convertible in the summer. Outside of that, go with the F150 Raptor. Its a fantastic truck. I got tired of the length of a full size truck and wanted to try out the Bronco's. The Braptor is like owning a Ferrari out here in Colorado haha.

interesting, you would say other than the length the driving dynamics/handling are pretty similar between the truck and the Bronco?