Pic of red letters next to oem BFGs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
The BFG's are OK for driving around on the street 90% of the time but I needed somthimg that performsbetter off-road. I had NittoTerra Grapplers and those were good. Better off-road than the BFg's and they lasted over 40,000 miles. These Grabbers are the same weight but feel much lighter than the Nitto's. A little more road noise than the BFG's but MUCH better off-road. I've put about 1000miles off-road and there is no issues with chunking or anything. The DOT Red Letters are worth the small sacrafice in on road manners to me.

Another note: I decided to but the bean bags in instead of balancing weights and these tires ride like a dream even after a couple hundred miles off-road...I had to have those Nittos balanced every oil change.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another note: I decided to but the bean bags in instead of balancing weights and these tires ride like a dream even after a couple hundred miles off-road...I had to have those Nittos balanced every oil change.

I'm interested in this as well.

OP
OP
HoustonRider

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by this? I'm planning on red letters for my next tires.

just throwing it out there, lol....

These Red Letters I "acquired" before they were released, original post earlier this year... (yes, they are DOT).

Mounted em to 18" methods and rolled on em. Definitely more grip everywhere I drove, but hard as frigging rocks. I didn't realize this until I swapped back to the OEM BFG's, but thats my take. For sand, dirt, they are "all that". On pavement, they will "give you the business" after a long day.. lol