How to get K02's Cheap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those looking for some cheap 315/70/17 K02's... Belle Tire currently has them listed at $301. After speaking with a manager, it turns out this is for the original version of the K02, but if you share this link with other vendors they'll probably price match on the newest version. There's really no way to distinguish between the two.

Here's Belle Tire's listing for the newest version of the K02, for reference. You'll notice both listings are for the same size, ply, and speed rating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yoopercharged

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beings that the wholesale price difference between the two versions is $54 a tire any tire manager worth a crap would catch on.
Maybe. My local Belle Tire price matched the $301 because they couldn't figure out why their computer and my phone were showing different. It wasn't until after the sale was complete that the manager came back to the counter, dug through their internal system, and figured out what was going on. Prior to that I had no idea that I was referencing an old product, I just thought they had a good sale going on.

I assume that those tires have different BFG part numbers. Vendors should display those on their website so the consumer knows exactly what they're getting, and to avoid the situation I ended up in. I'm not mad though. It saved me $440 on a set of 5 tires.

OP
OP
yoopercharged

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you ask for the cheaper ones and then at the salesman?
Not sure I understand the question. I initially ordered the $382 tire but later found them cheaper at Walmart. Called the store and asked if they could still price match, guy said no worries they'll refund me the difference when I get them installed. I then did some digging to find the cheapest price online and came across the other Belle Tire listing, which I thought was the same tire that I ordered just with the lower $301 price. I showed that to the guy at the counter, he went and got his manager, and they couldn't figure out why their computer was still showing $382. They refunded me the $440 difference and only after that did the manager do some more investigating to determine they were actually two different tires.

The best part is that because I placed the initial order on 11/25, I still have a $70 rebate coming from BFG.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Not sure I understand the question" This editing software is ridiculous. I gave up on navigating the labyrinth to figure out what words are acceptable and what are not.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe. My local Belle Tire price matched the $301 because they couldn't figure out why their computer and my phone were showing different. It wasn't until after the sale was complete that the manager came back to the counter, dug through their internal system, and figured out what was going on. Prior to that I had no idea that I was referencing an old product, I just thought they had a good sale going on.

I assume that those tires have different BFG part numbers. Vendors should display those on their website so the consumer knows exactly what they're getting, and to avoid the situation I ended up in. I'm not mad though. It saved me $440 on a set of 5 tires.
Yes there are two different part numbers. I would like to know what changed.

Wholesale price on old # is $289, new # is $346. That is a massive price difference.
It is possible that nothing in the tire actually changed. But they changed part number to justify a big jump in price.

Normally a $5 -7 dollar price jump month to month or quarter to quarter is considered a big deal.

If the cost of materials/ inflation has gotten so bad that BFG needed a big price jump the only way they could justify it to the distributors is claiming "updated/new design". I have seen this before in other industries.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question, I see C6 in the middle of the tire specs, does that mean plant manufacture or is it Class C rated?
There is a price difference between Class C and Class E

And speed rating Class C is 110 mph. and Class E is 118 mph.

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
C is a 6 ply
E is 10 ply.

The big difference is in side wall stiffness.
The extra plies also add a lot of weight that robs power and fuel mileage.

I run E on my F350 powerstroke.

E are about $9 a tire wholesale.

I would never run E on a raptor (unless I was forced to do to product availability)

But I actually use my Raptor as intended. Next chance I get I plan on doing an experiment and posting pictures showing how much stiffer the E is over the C

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only tire I would and do run is the Class E
And I can safely air down to 34 psi. in front and 32 psi in the rear and pin the needle.

I would be afraid to run the C class for several reasons: speed rating, weight load, rubber compound, tire roll and only 6 ply on potholes, they wouldn't last a month in NYC.

OP
OP
yoopercharged

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C is a 6 ply
E is 10 ply.

The big difference is in side wall stiffness.
The extra plies also add a lot of weight that robs power and fuel mileage.

I run E on my F350 powerstroke.

E are about $9 a tire wholesale.

I would never run E on a raptor (unless I was forced to do to product availability)

But I actually use my Raptor as intended. Next chance I get I plan on doing an experiment and posting pictures showing how much stiffer the E is over the C
I was on E KM3's before moving to the C K02's. The ride is very much improved.