2017-2020 Applique - Cheap panel, very hard to find individual letters "1" "5" "0" "Raptor"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, if any of you have ever had to source an individual letter on the Gen2 Applique, here is a chance to get a single letter. Or, if you want to add an applique to your non-applique tailgate, this might be an inexpensive way to do so with some work on your end.

I can't find these anywhere, and if you go to Ford, they will only sell you the entire applique for $1000+ (so stupid!). If you look online, any letters that you CAN find are way larger than this and for the non applique tailgate. I found a guy who took this off a non-applique truck and convinced him to sell it to me for $300. I then took the letters off with a heat gun.

Let's start with the letters:

Letters No F.jpg

I needed the "F", so up for grabs are "1", "5", "0" (Zero sold) and the "Raptor" emblem. $50 shipped for each letter, $75 shipped for the Raptor emblem. I know, this is stupid expensive, but I am attempting to recover my investment in this part.

To install these, you will need to source and cut your own double sided tape (there is some left over double sided tape reside on the back of each of these).

Front with comments.jpg

EDIT: Panel is SOLD. Next up is the applique itself. If you have a non-applique tailgate, and wanted to add an applique, this would be a route for you. This is a genuine OEM part that has had the backside tabs already cut off the back. You could add your own double-sided tape to mount it. I would re-paint this, and for the letters I would use one of the colored letter stickers from Rocky Mountain Graphics in place of the physical letters (which you won't be able to find, hence this post) - Something like this: https://rockymountaingraphics.com/product/2017-ford-raptor-tailgate-f-150-emblem-overlay/.

For 2017-2018, this is already the correct color. For the 2019-2020, I think the base is the correct color, but the letters were painted a slightly lighter color of grey for contrast.

I think this thing will cost me $100 to ship due to it's size. SOLD. Again, be prepared to put some work into this. Below are detailed close up pics of the scratches (red dot and arrow to point out the places where paint is scratched), and I'll emphasize I would seriously consider re-painting this.

Close up right side.jpg

Close up O.jpg

Close up passenger side.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some additional pics of the back of the applique, note all the tabs are cut-off. You can use double sided tape to mount to a non-applique tailgate.

20221204_121447.jpg

20221204_121505.jpg

20221204_121508.jpg

20221204_121510.jpg