Any Regret Going Moving To 37"s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When someone says “trophy truck” one class comes to mind and it’s not a rzr pro r.

This is the most important “biggest tire they can manage”. Some can run 40s but if you manage to fit a 40 on a Raptor it wouldn’t benefit you over a 35. There’s a point where bigger isn’t better.

Also these trucks have other components that compliment the larger tire. Might be larger brake or stronger axles.
That’s why I initially referenced spec tt. They are similar power to a raptor.

The rzr was to prove that increased tire size will perform better off-road in nearly every scenario. That said, you’re right that there are limitations. 37s are well within stock capability for a raptor and will be a better tire than a 35 in nearly any scenario.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be very few circumstances where 35's keep you from doing what you need off-road. My 4Runner and Range Rover prior to this both had 33's and I had plenty of clearance and tire/sidewall to off-road where I wanted. The way I see it, now I have an additional 2" (with my 35's) so there are no excuses.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go 37's for the looks though :D

2" more ground clearance going from a 33 to a 35 diameter tire? What type "engineer" are you? :p
Did I say I have 2" more ground clearance? What kind of "reader" are you? :p

To be fair to you, my sentence structure could be perceived to be referring to "clearance and tire/sidewall" but I was referring to tire/sidewall specifically. To be even more fair, I once put "4-2=6" as the last step of a problem on an engineering exam :(

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Did I say I have 2" more ground clearance? What kind of "reader" are you? :p

To be fair to you, my sentence structure could be perceived to be referring to "clearance and tire/sidewall" but I was referring to tire/sidewall specifically. To be even more fair, I once put "4-2=6" as the last step of a problem on an engineering exam :(
Hmm. You can tell your wife it is 2" larger but is still that 1" that does the work. Sidewalls or otherwise. :p

:hidesbehindsofa:

FREEZE451

Reaction score
37s also have more surface area than 35s when aired down. This helps with trail imperfections giving a smoother ride.

The debate between 35s, 37s, 39s and above will rage on forever. Much like 9mm and 1911s. Each have their own place based on end user's use.

The real take a way from this thread? We are all glad that we are not driving a new Tundra.
I was fortunate enough to get a Stacatto 2011 P2 & CS. Has that nice 1911 frame style with a double stack 9mm.

I like all guns, and agree with the debate being forever.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a gen3 it’s not a big noticeable difference when driving them back to back. Maybe from the gen2 to a 37

View attachment 405208View attachment 405209
Great point! I own a Gen 2 and when compared to my Gen 3, overall I like the Gen 2 much better. I like sync 3 button positions better than sync button placement. Other making me feel big and tall, I like the way my 2019 handles better than my 2021. Sometimes big is too big, look at the Bronco Raptor, I believe that thing looks like a big POS. Although the Gen 3 …37 doesn’t look as wide as the Bronco, it is just to wide and tall for me. Kinda like those short people that drive lifted trucks to make them feel taller, I am 5-10 and want to feel taller, but only with the nimbleness of a smaller truck. At $5000+, the 37 is just big and bulky

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great point! I own a Gen 2 and when compared to my Gen 3, overall I like the Gen 2 much better. I like sync 3 button positions better than sync button placement. Other making me feel big and tall, I like the way my 2019 handles better than my 2021. Sometimes big is too big, look at the Bronco Raptor, I believe that thing looks like a big POS. Although the Gen 3 …37 doesn’t look as wide as the Bronco, it is just to wide and tall for me. Kinda like those short people that drive lifted trucks to make them feel taller, I am 5-10 and want to feel taller, but only with the nimbleness of a smaller truck. At $5000+, the 37 is just big and bulky
In fairness, a wider truck (in the context of this conversation) is not anything like a “lifted” truck… the width isn’t from offset wheels and spacers, but with longer control arms yielding more wheel travel.

It all depends on what someone is chasing, my truck looks pretty wide and others (that I hang out with) have even wider trucks. They’re not wide for appearance, but you gain an appreciation for the appearance to the point you somewhat prefer it.

(General comment)
I have seen a common thread to this thread (lol) that has to do with the use of the truck and the original choice of the truck.

My guess is some chose the truck because it was good looking/fastest/best/performance (speed) truck that Ford offered and that 35’s are the best for that. Others prefered the offroad nature of the truck and 37’s likely fit that better.

The main purpose of my post is that when someone describes better, it does need a little context.

BATREX

Reaction score
When a 37 pulls up, you will be dam I should’ve went with that. Just my opinion. Choose what makes you the most happy mpg sucks on both anyway you might as well be happy.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with a 35 and haven’t looked back. Fits my needs and use better and don’t see much difference looks wise. I checked both out before I bought and made the right choice for me. My two Golden Retrievers are happy too with the shorter jump in and out.