Overcharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The flat-rate technician pay system used at every dealer and many other repair shops (not all) is a terrible way to make a living. It basically requires the tech to be an independent contractor working for the flat-rate shit pay and carry all the responsibility for the time actually spent while the dealer/shop carry’s no responsibility to meet the techs’ standard salary.

It drives bad techs to screw the customers just to get the job out of the way for the next one and great techs to move on to better pay systems. In either case the dealer/shop makes out just fine.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found an independent guy...

900 for radiator, water pump, all belts, thermo and hoses. And 900 for install.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found an independent guy...

900 for radiator, water pump, all belts, thermo and hoses. And 900 for install.
So slightly cheaper than the dealer…is the aftermarket shop using OEM parts though? If they’re using aftermarket parts, you’re way better off spending the extra $150 and having it done by the dealer.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No no... OEM.

But the dealer was only doing Serp belt and radiator for that entire 1950.

I am getting many more other parts for 100 less all in. Regardless, I get it. This gent has worked on my r8s and the RAPTOR once before, he is a Master Tech.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No no... OEM.

But the dealer was only doing Serp belt and radiator for that entire 1950.

I am getting many more other parts for 100 less all in. Regardless, I get it. This gent has worked on my r8s and the RAPTOR once before, he is a Master Tech.
Sounds like you should’ve went to him first anyway.