1st time Raptor owner - build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds very interesting, especially for a novice like me. I am working out the final details on a road trip to Cabo. Will be mid November.
Couple of things to keep in the back of your mind. First is 1, the highway that runs the length of Baja starts to get very narrow after Laredo. How narrow, well with widen fenders, let’s just say it’s a adventure passing semis, LOL.

Second is the military checkpoints. Don’t have anything you’re not supposed to have. Marijuana, weapons (guns / knives), anything that really shouldn’t be there. Those guys don’t play!

Cows! As stupid as it seems, traveling down the 1, especially after dark, cows are either crossing the road (to get to the other side, LOL) or laying in the road, absorbing the day’s heat.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you’ll have Jeff there if you run into any issues. Him and Kellen are great mechanics! Ask me how I know! LOL!
Ha! I’m afraid too. Jeff is sending me update photos as my truck comes along. Supposed to do some tuning with him the 20th.

OP
OP
BigJTex

BigJTex

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a progress report. Fenders on and painted. Suspension pretty close. Still have traction bars to install and front shock reservoirs to mount. While they have the white paint in the spray rig, I had them paint the rear factory fender flare and the rocker panel by the rear bumper. I like the clean look. Next up, engine mods.

2017 Raptor driver side on lift.jpg
2017 Raptor front on lift.jpg
2017 Raptor front pass on lift.jpg
2017 Raptor rear tire on lift.jpg
2017 Raptor under view on lift.jpg

Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Welcome to FRF!

Question: If you’re going with fiberglass fenders, why not do a 40” tire?
Because he needs to be able to drive it. That EPAS was  NEVER designed to steer 40's. Were the brakes, hubs, bearings, R&P, tie rods, or balljoints designed to handle 40's? Absolutely not. They are the same design (except tie rod length), as every other F-150.