1st time Raptor owner - build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJTex

BigJTex

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, nice mods! Who’s building it, TMX?
Thank you, fingers crossed on how it all shakes out. Yes, TMX is doing the work.

Initially i just started buying parts and was going to have a generic off-road shop do the work. After going by the TMX shop for the first time, I quickly changed directions. Those guys seem like the real deal. Hoping between them and Winfield i can end up with a fun ride.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, fingers crossed on how it all shakes out. Yes, TMX is doing the work.

Initially i just started buying parts and was going to have a generic off-road shop do the work. After going by the TMX shop for the first time, I quickly changed directions. Those guys seem like the real deal. Hoping between them and Winfield i can end up with a fun ride.
TMX built my truck, no complaints! Jason and Sam do magic down there. You’re going to be very happy!

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get it done, check out EXO. I know you have TRR down that way too. EXO puts on some great runs, fast and fun. You drive your own pace, as it’s not a race. We’re off roading to Cabo next month, can’t wait! Second Lands End run I’ve been on.

OP
OP
BigJTex

BigJTex

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here is the Raptor going to Texas Motorworx to get all fixed up. I made a video of the transportation procedure as well as documenting ground to fender measurements.

Attachments

• IMG_5071.jpeg
    IMG_5071.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
BigJTex

BigJTex

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once you get it done, check out EXO. I know you have TRR down that way too. EXO puts on some great runs, fast and fun. You drive your own pace, as it’s not a race. We’re off roading to Cabo next month, can’t wait! Second Lands End run I’ve been on.
That sounds very interesting, especially for a novice like me. I am working out the final details on a road trip to Cabo. Will be mid November.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh nice ! I’ll be on that run….

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Welcome to FRF!

Question: If you’re going with fiberglass fenders, why not do a 40” tire?

Looking forward to following the progress!
I currently have my truck wkrh SVc mid travel and getting the rear linked. Still going to run 37s for a while because I see a ton of carnage from 40s desert running.
You need to relocate the battery / fuse box / washer fluid.

I’m also not sold yet these trucks can run 40s for a while without damage. I’ll try them eventually.