Mandatory Recaro Seats and Blue Interior with 37’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 800A and 801A both have black leather-trimmed seats; neither are Recar[d]o. The stitching is different between the two... 801A is bronze, can't remember what 800A is.
Got any pics of the 801A seats w/ bronze stitching? Thanks in advance.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen in photos, the only thing that’s blue in the 37’s interior are the alcantara inserts on the seats, doors, and the sides of the center console. Everything else is black. And the stitching is Code Orange, not bronze, as previously mentioned in press releases.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had 3 back surgeries, so I understand. I first broke my back in a racing accident. The Recaro seats are AMAZINGLY supportive and comfortable. They are on the firm side, especially when new, but that's a good thing for a screwed up back. I think you would like them.
Firm and supportive is only half of the story. My back no longer has a natural shape. If the bumps and dips are in the right places, or can be made to be in the right places, all is good. If they're in the wrong place, firm and supportive is worse than mushy. The typical airplane seat is the absolute worst. I'm in pain within five minutes. I've found that if I take the airline magazine, roll it up, and put it crosswise mid-back around T8, I can get to an hour. Then I make a trip to the bathroom about once per hour. :) I can sit in the base Ford seats for three hours. Are the Recaros as adjustable as the base seats?

I will make a point of trying some this time, I was buying during the first big lockdown and the few Recaros on lots were far away and on optioned-up 802a trucks. When I found the base seats acceptable, I quit looking for Recaros to try and focused on lightly-optioned 801a, none of which had Recaros. Once dealers have gen 3 inventory I'll keep my eyes open and try to check some out. I would like 37s, but the seats could be a deal-killer. If they change the base seats, that could be a deal-killer. Basically, my number one priority when shopping for vehicles is a comfortable seat. If the only vehicle on the road that had comfy seats was a Prius, I'd drive a Prius.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen in photos, the only thing that’s blue in the 37’s interior are the alcantara inserts on the seats, doors, and the sides of the center console. Everything else is black. And the stitching is Code Orange, not bronze, as previously mentioned in press releases.

No idea what photos you're looking at.

The vast majority of the 37s interior is blue, including every inch of the seating surfaces.

The bronze stitching you reference is for the 801A package, not the 37s.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Firm and supportive is only half of the story. My back no longer has a natural shape. If the bumps and dips are in the right places, or can be made to be in the right places, all is good. If they're in the wrong place, firm and supportive is worse than mushy. The typical airplane seat is the absolute worst. I'm in pain within five minutes. I've found that if I take the airline magazine, roll it up, and put it crosswise mid-back around T8, I can get to an hour. Then I make a trip to the bathroom about once per hour. :) I can sit in the base Ford seats for three hours. Are the Recaros as adjustable as the base seats?

I will make a point of trying some this time, I was buying during the first big lockdown and the few Recaros on lots were far away and on optioned-up 802a trucks. When I found the base seats acceptable, I quit looking for Recaros to try and focused on lightly-optioned 801a, none of which had Recaros. Once dealers have gen 3 inventory I'll keep my eyes open and try to check some out. I would like 37s, but the seats could be a deal-killer. If they change the base seats, that could be a deal-killer. Basically, my number one priority when shopping for vehicles is a comfortable seat. If the only vehicle on the road that had comfy seats was a Prius, I'd drive a Prius.
They are very adjustable, like the base seats. Funny you mentioned plane seats, the first thing I do when I get on a plane is ask for a pillow, so I can put it behind my lower back, because their seats all suck pretty bad.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the blue recaros in my gen2. I would prefer black but they look fine and look decent with my PB exterior. That said, I think the gen 3 blue is too over the top and does look cheesy. I hope that the blue is more subdued and the lighting of that pic is what is causing it to look a bit 70s.