Do the blue Recaro seats "absorb" more sweat odor and such than the black leather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im 5-10, 200lb. ive been in the recaros seats for 95k miles, i go to the gym often and have never noticed any downside to the alcantara. my leather on the bolster is wearing and the alcantara looks brand new. i wouldnt worry about wear or odors at all. just vaccuum them somewhat regularly just like you would with a regular seat. its very easy to clean them as well. one more step then leather but overall not bad. id 100% go recaro every time and i wont have a raptor without them if i can help it

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Alcantara is easy to clean... just don't neglect it. I put a sealant on mine. Helps with keeping it clean, but you definitely need to pay attention to it. Leather is easier to maintain imo.

OP
OP
M

m4torapt

Reaction score
I’m 6ft 240 fat pos and I have the recaro.
I was sweating leaving work and I guess I forgot deodorant.
Well 6 months later I still get a whiff of bo now and then
Thank you for the honest response. This would be me lmao

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2019 recaro with 60K and the alcantara looks much better than the leather side bolster.

its a synthetic material designed for a specific purpose, and seems to be acting as designed, at least in my truck. Audi makes some conditioner/cleaners and i can kinda see why a steering wheel might not be the best use for alcantara, but seems to be very resilient.

i have a 5 year old alcantara wallet that still looks pretty nice for being sat on most of the time..

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2019 recaro with 60K and the alcantara looks much better than the leather side bolster.

its a synthetic material designed for a specific purpose, and seems to be acting as designed, at least in my truck. Audi makes some conditioner/cleaners and i can kinda see why a steering wheel might not be the best use for alcantara, but seems to be very resilient.

i have a 5 year old alcantara wallet that still looks pretty nice for being sat on most of the time..
I agree, I like it better. Seat design is better also. One thing to be careful is along the transition to leather. Leather conditioner causes a dark stain along the edge. Just take your time and don’t be sloppy along the edges.
You might cover the passenger seat on date night.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im going with Katskin in the near future with a combo of smooth and perf leather on the "base" seats.
I've had them in two cars/trucks now and they've proven to be very durable.

Restaurantman

Reaction score
I had the Recaros in my Gen2 and loved them. Had 35k on it when I traded it for the gen3 and the seats looked great despite kids really abusing them. I should have ordered them on the gen3.