Wrinkles in leather - replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TremorRaptor

Reaction score
My driver seat has some wrinkles in the leather since I purchased it in Oct. I brought it up with the dealer at the time and they said they'd fix it... Never heard anything about it until today when the dealer called and said they had the seat cover ready to go.

Question - do I replace it or not? I guess my main hesitation is whether it will match the rest of the interior. I can check of course, but other than that, is seat surgery likely to cause more issues than its worth?

Here is a picture with flash which accentuates the wrinkles more than the natural light picture below...

1709060845443.png

Natural light:
1709061341728.png

Thank you for your thoughts!

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id leave it alone tbh, but theres no seat surgery they just take the cover off and put the new one on, any clips that could break are on the cover.

There was a recent thread on this too...

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What year and mileage? To be honest that looks like pretty normal wear to me, and not nearly as bad as some of the “loose” covers I’ve seen on here. I have an extreme aversion to any dealer touching my truck more than absolutely necessary. If it were me I’d probably leave it unless it bothers you so much you can’t enjoy the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My driver seat has some wrinkles in the leather since I purchased it in Oct. I brought it up with the dealer at the time and they said they'd fix it... Never heard anything about it until today when the dealer called and said they had the seat cover ready to go.

do you kick your wife to the curb when she sports a couple wrinkles?

it’s leather, not plastic. it shouldn’t cause you more distress than the cow.

OP
OP
T

TremorRaptor

Reaction score
What year and mileage? To be honest that looks like pretty normal wear to me, and not nearly as bad as some of the “loose” covers I’ve seen on here. I have an extreme aversion to any dealer touching my truck more than absolutely necessary. If it were me I’d probably leave it unless it bothers you so much you can’t enjoy the truck.
2023, new in October when I bought it, so not wear and tear. My 2012 seats did not exhibit any kind of wrinkle like these or the looseness in the linked thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter