Do the blue Recaro seats "absorb" more sweat odor and such than the black leather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m4torapt

Reaction score
Hey all - deciding between the blue Recaro interior and the black leather bucket seats for a Gen 3.

I'm very torn between the two. Different things I like on both. Along with the obvious look of the Recaros, I like the stitching/interior changes it gives the truck, and the carbon fiber I believe it comes with - but those aren't must haves.

I often am getting in my car or truck SUPER sweaty, whether its after MMA training or after working, and in my old luxury sports cars with leather I would sometimes but a towel on the seat but I didn't always have one, pain in the butt to always bring one around.

Plus with leather, it's an easy wipe down/clean after you get out of the car.

The leather has held up well even with sweating on it a lot. Wondering if the Recaro would absorb more "odor" and such than the leather as I haven't seen them or felt them in person yet.

Curious everyone's thoughts -thanks!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few vehicles with OEM Recaros. The Alcantara always took a shit way before my standard leather seats in other vehicles. Absorbed a lot took a lot of cleaning and generally sucked for my purposes. Some seem to have the opposite results. However, this is a huge turn off for me for the Raptor R. I hope to be wrong about “modern” Alcantara as I’m REALLY becoming more and more interested in the R.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rhapsody Blue (Recaro) interior and it definitely will take more TLC to keep it looking good than traditional leather, especially if you sweat a lot. If you rock the towel everytime you will probably be fine; but if not it will need a good cleaning every so often.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all - deciding between the blue Recaro interior and the black leather bucket seats for a Gen 3.

I'm very torn between the two. Different things I like on both. Along with the obvious look of the Recaros, I like the stitching/interior changes it gives the truck, and the carbon fiber I believe it comes with - but those aren't must haves.

I often am getting in my car or truck SUPER sweaty, whether its after MMA training or after working, and in my old luxury sports cars with leather I would sometimes but a towel on the seat but I didn't always have one, pain in the butt to always bring one around.

Plus with leather, it's an easy wipe down/clean after you get out of the car.

The leather has held up well even with sweating on it a lot. Wondering if the Recaro would absorb more "odor" and such than the leather as I haven't seen them or felt them in person yet.

Curious everyone's thoughts -thanks!
Throw on a seat cover for when you get back from gym/mma.

I have some from Fox, lightweight and waterproof. Ventilated seats still work through them

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rhapsody Blue (Recaro) interior and it definitely will take more TLC to keep it looking good than traditional leather, especially if you sweat a lot. If you rock the towel everytime you will probably be fine; but if not it will need a good cleaning every so often.
Fully agree! I have a 2019 with leather and a 2021 with Recaro. I think the Recaro looks more classy, but the fake leather looks good as well. I would pick the leather for overall looks and endurance

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The recaro’s in my 19 were great, yes took a bit more work but held you in place better. Plus they seemed to hold up better. My 19 had 42k miles and the sides, along my butt, were still supportive and my 21 leather is already breaking down with 25k miles.