Just placed order for 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just spoke to a dealership about 30 min from my house and they said they could place an order for a 2013. when i asked him how much, he said they were selling $1000 over msrp. i laughed at him and directed him here. he saw what people were paying and then all of a sudden offered me $1000 over invoice. i told him what i wanted but he still had limited info. i thought it was funny that here we know more than the dealerships. so i am heading down on tuesday to talk to the guy to try to get him lower. i am after all going to have them do all the services on the truck, so they will still make money.

i have to thank imdubious and randy for posting that breakdown pricing. thats what the dealer was looking at and couldnt believe his eyes when he saw what you paid. i told him that other out of state dealers were selling even lower than that and so i think there is a little more room for negotiations.

once again, thank you all for the info

ejlmoney

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Thanks for all of the great info.

Just ordered my 2013 SCrew Raptor. $200 over invoice. Also, they will be taking it to "mid perch" before I take delivery.

I agree that Ford must roll out pricing (and ordering ability) to dealerships in some sort of tiered manner. My dealership didn't have pricing until 2 weeks ago and therefore couldn't order.

I also agree that it's a bit weird for me to order a truck that I haven't driven.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Thanks for all of the great info.

Just ordered my 2013 SCrew Raptor. $200 over invoice. Also, they will be taking it to "mid perch" before I take delivery.

I agree that Ford must roll out pricing (and ordering ability) to dealerships in some sort of tiered manner. My dealership didn't have pricing until 2 weeks ago and therefore couldn't order.

I also agree that it's a bit weird for me to order a truck that I haven't driven.

Congrats! I test drove a 2011 and it was like driving a cadillac... Smooth! Imagine a brand new one!!! :boti:

Still try to see if you can find one you can test drive otherwise, take everyone's word for it! IT's comfy! :party28:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is lame. all i want with my raptor is the moonroof and tailgate step. the dealer told me that i have to buy the 801a luxury package in order to get those options. so that means spending an extra 5 grand on crap i dont want. does anyone know if it is possible to get the moonroof without the 801a? i figure if i can get that, then i can just buy a new tailgate with the step in it after i take delivery

ejlmoney

Reaction score
That's wrong. The moonroof and tailgate step are separate options on my order printout. They are NOT part of the Luxury Package.

Please note: I am only going by the printout. It may be possible that you can't select those options unless you select the Luxury Package......which I have.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Congrats! I test drove a 2011 and it was like driving a cadillac... Smooth! Imagine a brand new one!!!

Still try to see if you can find one you can test drive otherwise, take everyone's word for it! IT's comfy!

Thanks. I'm trading in my 2006 Lincoln Mark LT so the truck isn't completely different.

I'm guessing you're right. The stuff that makes it great off-road; make it great on-road.

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to have the luxury package to get the moonroof for 2013's. It sucks because I didn't want navigation, but had too in order to get the moonroof. Pretty much all or nothing...... Thanks Ford

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is lame. all i want with my raptor is the moonroof and tailgate step. the dealer told me that i have to buy the 801a luxury package in order to get those options. so that means spending an extra 5 grand on crap i dont want. does anyone know if it is possible to get the moonroof without the 801a? i figure if i can get that, then i can just buy a new tailgate with the step in it after i take delivery

You can build a 2012 on the ford site without a nav setup... Not sure about the 13's but as far as I can tell, they are seperate options.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ yea not doing that anymore, you now have to get the luxury package. I was at the dealer just today

You have to have the luxury package to get the moonroof for 2013's. It sucks because I didn't want navigation, but had too in order to get the moonroof. Pretty much all or nothing...... Thanks Ford
all I wanted was the moonroof also. then when I found out I couldnt get it alone I said ok I'll get beadlocks instead, but turns out that would hold up the order and had to pull them. ugh

I must be the only one who is getting a stripped truck. No luxury or nav. I dont need air conditioned seats power pedals lol and mirrors etc etc. and have been driving around all my life doing just fine without navigation and especially not paying 4k for it.

my payment wont be much, all I want is the truck

Last edited:

Papi4baby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ yea not doing that anymore, you now have to get the luxury package. I was at the dealer just today

all I wanted was the moonroof also. then when I found out I couldnt get it alone I said ok I'll get beadlocks instead, but turns out that would hold up the order and had to pull them. ugh

I must be the only one who is getting a stripped truck. No luxury or nav. I dont need air conditioned seats power pedals lol and mirrors etc etc. and have been driving around all my life doing just fine without navigation and especially not paying 4k for it.

my payment wont be much, all I want is the truck

You get more than just navigation for those 4k.

Nothing wrong with not getting it, it is your choice.