NO LONGER AVAILABLE: 2017 Raptor Avalanche Grey 802A with 15k in upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah especially if you can’t claim a sales tax credit on private sales. FL has a dumb rule on that so trading it saved me $3-4K on sales tax on the replacement vehicle.
Yeah Texas is the same, which pretty much eliminates the general price saving advantage going with private party (And selling private party) I’m sure the dealer lobby doesn’t have anything to do with that. Sure it doesn‘t matter if you’re trading a 1993 Taurus for a Raptor, but when you’re trading a Raptor for a Raptor its a big difference. IMO the sales tax deduction should apply to both private and dealer sales/trades.

OP
OP
Richiemitchell

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Texas is the same, which pretty much eliminates the general price saving advantage going with private party (And selling private party) I’m sure the dealer lobby doesn’t have anything to do with that. Sure it doesn‘t matter if you’re trading a 1993 Taurus for a Raptor, but when you’re trading a Raptor for a Raptor its a big difference. IMO the sales tax deduction should apply to both private and dealer sales/trades.
I've tried a few options on the trade in side and they were not within reasonable market value IMO. Colorado is the same from everything I've read. IMO there shouldn't be tax on a used vehicle transaction after tax has already been paid when the vehicle is new. Alaska, New Hampshire, Oregon, Delaware, and Montana do not have taxes for used vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter