Help me choose between these two gen2’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Ya 802a is awesome. Blind spot monitors are pretty great I use them often and find it a little dangerous without them especially when used to them. And being able to enter the truck with the key still in your pocket and then having push button start is a huge convenience. So.. going with the 19!! Appreciate it. Will make a post when I get the thing. Thanks everybody

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, starting a new thread as I’ve narrowed it down to two Raptors. Any help appreciated. Having a hard time deciding

1. 2019 802a loaded MSRP $75,530 (New) in magnetic has beadlocks, CF pkg, graphics, Pano moonroof, tech pkg, bed step, almost everything
- Sales price is $64,520 (I got them down a lot)
+ Shipping (it’s out of state) is $1,700
+ Taxes $6,150
= TOTAL $72,320 OTD to me

2. 2018 801a w/Torsion diff, 10k miles, clear bra, ceramic coat, exhaust, couple other goodies. Very clean truck
- Sales price we agreed on is $58,000 (was asking 59,900)
- No taxes as it’s private party sale
- No shipping as it’s local

Price difference between the two is $14,320

I really wanted an 802a with Carbon, moonroof, beadlocks etc so the new 2019 is basically the exact truck I wanted. Then this 2018 popped up yesterday. Need some help!

The 2019 seems like a decent value for what you're getting. The price break because it's aging inventory offsets the shipping and taxes (screw being in a state with taxes. I live in NH and couldn't have afforded my Raptor if we had sales tax). I think the 2019 is your best bet for retaining resale value.

The 2018 seems a bit steep for the package level. If it was an 802a with those light mods I'd say $58k is a good price. For the lower packaging I wouldn't pay over $56.

If it were me I'd get the new truck with better options. Considering off-the lot depreciation with the new one, they're probably about even in terms of long term value, but the new one will be packaged better.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always get what you want and then you are not disappointed. You would have traded it in within 3 years I bet. Then you would have felt the lo$$ for sure.

JustDennis

Reaction score
Maybe not the answer you're looking for but you could keep looking. I looked at new 19s and 20s but kept looking until I found a used one with exactly what I wanted plus options that I really like but wouldn't have bought myself (like Pace Edwards remote bed cover) Overall I saved a lot off new plus got all the extras I wanted. Maybe keep looking for just a bit longer

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Maybe not the answer you're looking for but you could keep looking. I looked at new 19s and 20s but kept looking until I found a used one with exactly what I wanted plus options that I really like but wouldn't have bought myself (like Pace Edwards remote bed cover) Overall I saved a lot off new plus got all the extras I wanted. Maybe keep looking for just a bit longer

Thanks. I’ve been looking for a couple months. I’m in Ca and the used ones sell within like 8 hours. Seen it happen twice already. A 2020 magnetic 802a with wheels and 3k miles popped up a month ago and I messaged the guy within the first hour. Called the bank in the morning and then he texted me at like 10am said someone wired the money to him already. Was asking 66,500 and sold it for 64500. I was like dude I would’ve gave you asking price lol. Annoying but ya. Sick of waiting. Ordered the 2019 so just gotta get it shipped to me. That 2018 sold as well. Guy would’ve waited for me but I told him to go for it