HELP ME DECIDE BETWEEN THESE TWO TRUCKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDS702

Reaction score
Okay, the first truck I am looking at is a 2019 Velocity with 9k miles on it. Has every option 802a, carbon fiber, Recaro, etc. Also has marimoto headlights and painted fenders/bumpers. I can buy it for 61k. The second truck is a former Xbox Sema truck and was built by ADD, then it was changed and rewrapped as a Rockstar/Gears of War truck, which I'm a little worried that the 12k miles it has have been hard miles. None the less I can buy that for 6k less than the 19 and has a number of aftermarket lights,bumpers,chase rack, boat tec fenders, wheels and tires, intercooler, etc. The downside is that the truck was an early release and is pretty bare bones, 801a, no sunroof or extras other than 360 camera. I usually only keep my vehicles 2-3 years and trying to decide which is the better route to go. Any help is appreciated!

Screenshot_20210123-161808_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210201-134909_DuckDuckGo.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with goblues...go blue.

I get the impression the first truck was taken better care of. The 2nd one was likely treated more like a rental, being owned by two different corporate owners, etc.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the Velocity Blue Raptor. IMO...at $61k it’s a good buy. If you go through with the deal...you’ll be happy with your purchase. The other truck is a “novelty “ I’d have some concerns about. Others may not agree...

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll be the other side of the coin here. If you are going to buy a raptor go then buy a Raptor not a blue f150. The sema truck has a ton of extras and for 6k less I’m not sure what you couldn’t replace and still be better than the blue one.
I think the gears truck looks awesome. The blue truck is just a stock f150... you are getting an easy 10-20k in parts and labor with the gears truck...

I don’t know what’s going on with this forum the day the majority would vote towards the blue truck. I think I saw a Prius for sale too

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be the other side of the coin here. If you are going to buy a raptor go then buy a Raptor not a blue f150. The sema truck has a ton of extras and for 6k less I’m not sure what you couldn’t replace and still be better than the blue one.
I think the gears truck looks awesome. The blue truck is just a stock f150... you are getting an easy 10-20k in parts and labor with the gears truck...

I don’t know what’s going on with this forum the day the majority would vote towards the blue truck. I think I saw a Prius for sale too

I said blue because of this comment.

"I usually only keep my vehicles 2-3 years and trying to decide which is the better route to go."

If he wants to flip the truck in a few years the blue one (being newer and with a higher trim package) seems like the better bet. The Monster/Gears truck is definitely more offroad worthy. That said, I'd still take off the billboard wrap. I'm not advertising anyone else's product for free. ba343004b5e956b65bfaa5c284e7b7aa.jpg