HELP ME DECIDE BETWEEN THESE TWO TRUCKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Krueger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is black underneath, they also painted the fenders black to match the rest of the truck. I agree with you with the painted fenders and bumpers on the blue one...feels too ricer/papa smurf for me.. I am purchasing the rockstsr one, we worked out a price I feel good on and I figure worst case I can always dump it if I don't like it. I think minus the wrap and powder coating the bumpers it will look a lot better.

Congrats! Post some more pics once you get it

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave it wrapped, scratch the hell out of it off road, and strip the wrap to sell it.
Yup! Or take it on a few off-road adventures and if you decide you hate the Monster/Gears wrap just "peel and eat" for the time you own it. You could always leave it on if you like though. It's not bad looking, I just don't like the advertising aspect personally. You're going to have fun with it!

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh wow. I'm still wondering how a '19 with 802a and recaros combined with that low of mileage is going for 61k. Quite surprising to me as I know that area isn't the richest, but it is a location where a lot of trucks are on the road. I'm from Sandpoint so quite familiar.

Good luck with either option and hope it works out. Keep an eye out on craigslist or here for take off flares / bumpers as a cheaper replacement if you go that route. Or try Spalding parts near you off of I-90

tractorman

Reaction score
There is a bit of a slant on this thread about resale value. Are you buying it to drive a Raptor or are you buying it as an investment?
Buying a car or truck and taking great care of it for the next owner sucks. I have done it too many times. Too old for that crap. Buy what you like and enjoy it.
todays old man advice...
It took me so many years to figure that out. I'd buy smart and pay cash, keep my rigs perfect and sell after a couple of years for about what I paid. Often making a little money. I went years and years swapping cars for about nothing. That is sort of a fun game in its own right. Had a C6Z06 for three years, sold it for what I paid for it, etc. Had a couple of Unimogs, made a little on both. But the fun of that was offset by the fact that I was always making sure I kept everything perfect for the next guy, as you say. And any mods had to have a good return.,...which means hardly any mods. But in 2013 when I bought a new Rubicon I changed my way of thinking. Modded it, supercharged it, lifted etc and it's been a ton of fun. Because it's in my DNA (my dad was a dealer) I can still darn near get my money out of it, but that hasn't been my focus. I've had a lot of fun with that rig, still have it. I use it for narrower trails and tough slow stuff, the Raptor for fire roads, gentle offroading, and as a super comfortable daily driver.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me so many years to figure that out. I'd buy smart and pay cash, keep my rigs perfect and sell after a couple of years for about what I paid. Often making a little money. I went years and years swapping cars for about nothing. That is sort of a fun game in its own right. Had a C6Z06 for three years, sold it for what I paid for it, etc. Had a couple of Unimogs, made a little on both. But the fun of that was offset by the fact that I was always making sure I kept everything perfect for the next guy, as you say. And any mods had to have a good return.,...which means hardly any mods. But in 2013 when I bought a new Rubicon I changed my way of thinking. Modded it, supercharged it, lifted etc and it's been a ton of fun. Because it's in my DNA (my dad was a dealer) I can still darn near get my money out of it, but that hasn't been my focus. I've had a lot of fun with that rig, still have it. I use it for narrower trails and tough slow stuff, the Raptor for fire roads, gentle offroading, and as a super comfortable daily driver.
You nailed it, that captures the spirit of my comment.
Yes... take great care of your car. It WILL help sell it or make it more desirable to the next guy. Just don’t dwell on resale as priority number one when you are buying it.

OP
OP
MDS702

MDS702

Reaction score
Uh wow. I'm still wondering how a '19 with 802a and recaros combined with that low of mileage is going for 61k. Quite surprising to me as I know that area isn't the richest, but it is a location where a lot of trucks are on the road. I'm from Sandpoint so quite familiar.

Good luck with either option and hope it works out. Keep an eye out on craigslist or here for take off flares / bumpers as a cheaper replacement if you go that route. Or try Spalding parts near you off of I-90

Decided to go with the Sema truck and save money, I'll enjoy it and dump it in a year or two. The blue one is actually in Texas, I had quotes to have it shipped to CDA for $800-1k.

OP
OP
MDS702

MDS702

Reaction score

I couldn't agree more, I've done the same for years..I have lost count, but I am in my mid to high 40's on my vehicle count. It takes away from the enjoyment at times and adds stress otherwise not needed as well. My last truck I had 3 years which is longer than anything I've owned and I enjoyed it. I still constantly searched for the next best thing, but it was different. That is actually why I decided on the 17, I go to pick it up Tuesday and drive it back up, have the wrap removed Thursday and tint Friday.