Help me choose between these two gen2’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Alright guys, starting a new thread as I’ve narrowed it down to two Raptors. Any help appreciated. Having a hard time deciding

1. 2019 802a loaded MSRP $75,530 (New) in magnetic has beadlocks, CF pkg, graphics, Pano moonroof, tech pkg, bed step, almost everything
- Sales price is $64,520 (I got them down a lot)
+ Shipping (it’s out of state) is $1,700
+ Taxes $6,150
= TOTAL $72,320 OTD to me

2. 2018 801a w/Torsion diff, 10k miles, clear bra, ceramic coat, exhaust, couple other goodies. Very clean truck
- Sales price we agreed on is $58,000 (was asking 59,900)
- No taxes as it’s private party sale
- No shipping as it’s local

Price difference between the two is $14,320

I really wanted an 802a with Carbon, moonroof, beadlocks etc so the new 2019 is basically the exact truck I wanted. Then this 2018 popped up yesterday. Need some help!

Last edited:

bigsakius

Reaction score
I would choose the 2019 but $15k is a lot of difference. I think the 2018 is priced about $3-5k too much. Also aren't you still on the hook to pay taxes regardless if it is used?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going with 2019 for $200 Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I would choose the 2019 but $15k is a lot of difference. I think the 2018 is priced about $3-5k too much. Also aren't you still on the hook to pay taxes regardless if it is used?

thanks. I’m leaning toward the 19 just because it’s a damn good deal and the exact truck I was looking for. No taxes on private party sales in AZ

bigsakius

Reaction score
yes that is a good deal on a 19. I have been looking for a performance blue or the ruby red one for around the $61k range but no bueno.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
yes that is a good deal on a 19. I have been looking for a performance blue or the ruby red one for around the $61k range but no bueno.

keep hunting man. They are out there. The same dealership has a black 19 fully loaded for a similar price

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Bed step is the best bang for the buck Rap option. Tech package is nice and 802a in general. Loaded for 72 OTD isn’t a bad option. Can you afford it?

I make no secret of my disdain for the moon roof ( full disclosure, I used it today ) but not a bad deal.

Work out your payments and compare the 2.

what couple other goodies on the ’18? You do get the simpler suspension, fewer things to go bad but no Raptor Assault invite.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Bed step is the best bang for the buck Rap option. Tech package is nice and 802a in general. Loaded for 72 OTD isn’t a bad option. Can you afford it?

I make no secret of my disdain for the moon roof ( full disclosure, I used it today ) but not a bad deal.

Work out your payments and compare the 2.

what couple other goodies on the ’18? You do get the simpler suspension, fewer things to go bad but no Raptor Assault invite.

The 2018 has clear bra on the hood and fenders, no moon roof, no keyless entry which i abs hate having to fumble for keys to unlock the truck while I’m carrying things, has rpg collars up front. Stock wheels and tires. Clean truck it’s just a bit basic. Also has the ATAK exhaust which I think I will hate.also has pedal commander and some baja hood lights

yep can afford either I just don’t like paying 6k in taxes and 1700 shipping ha. But ya it’s a tough choice because the 2018 is only 4 hrs away and can grab it this week and the 2019 is new and has everything. I almost feel the 2019 while more will still be cheaper in the long run as it’ll have higher resale and 1 owner and 1 yr newer etc

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sunroof is a dealbreaker for me, nothing but a maintenance hazard down the road. The 2019 deal is only $2K more than I’ll be paying for my 2020 802A Scab I just ordered, so it seems like a great deal. At the end of the day these trucks are so expensive I recommend getting exactly what you want rather than what’s convenient. $14K isn’t nothing, but over 7 years it’s not too bad.

What about this truck for $66K plus shipping?

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2019-ford-raptor-fully-loaded-1100-miles.76234/