Got a series of random faults on start-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a few days after this post my power steering went out. I drove it to a Ford dealer one town over and they were able to get to it in just under a week. Turns out the only issue was a bad ABS wheel sensor on front-right. They tried to charge me $650 for the repair though! I was able to talk them down to $278 since I am a loyal Ford customer, which I think is reasonable for that repair. All codes are gone now.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a few days after this post my power steering went out. I drove it to a Ford dealer one town over and they were able to get to it in just under a week. Turns out the only issue was a bad ABS wheel sensor on front-right. They tried to charge me $650 for the repair though! I was able to talk them down to $278 since I am a loyal Ford customer, which I think is reasonable for that repair. All codes are gone now.
Wouldn’t that be a warranty item on a brand new truck??

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sensors are not covered under any warranty for some reason, from what I remember. What is ever scarier is $650 for a $50 part and 20 minutes of labor. Depending on how many miles are on the vehicle, I'd make a call to ford customer service and make them eat that bill.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 36k/36 month bumper to bumper warranty.

Everything but normal wear and tear is covered.

I think the dealer charged you because you'll pay more for the work than Ford will.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sensors are not covered under any warranty for some reason, from what I remember. What is ever scarier is $650 for a $50 part and 20 minutes of labor. Depending on how many miles are on the vehicle, I'd make a call to ford customer service and make them eat that bill.
That is not correct, the ABS sensors fall under 3yr/36k coverage.

I’m guessing @Shark is either out of 3/36 or the sensor or harness were damaged, which of course is not covered.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
This cannot be real.
200.gif