Help, I am at a loss (Random Stalling)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've set points with a feeler gauge, does that count?
That shows your age, ha ha. I used to carry a set of points in the glove box of my old mustang before it got upgraded. By the time I drove from southern BC to Palm Desert area, the points would be out/worn down!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
My 63 impala still has points. 22,100 original miles. It fun when you turn on the am radio and have to let the tubes warm up before it starts playing.
Had a 64 impala, got it from my Grandmother after she passed.

I think it had a 327 in it.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the intake and put a factory one back on, that's my suggestion. The (any) dealer can tell if the phaser's have been done, especially if it's warranty. Your dealer sounds like a bunch of hacks or at least whoever you're dealing with.
Put it back to stock, my opinion. Everyone who have had issues altered it.

Reaction score
See if a Lemon Law attorney can help. Of course the dealer is going to turn you away. The service writers work on commission, so they may not make money on warranty concerns. Regardless, you shouldn’t have to put up with these concerns.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since an aftermarket intake is installed I would suggest wiggling the poo out of the connections and make sure they are tight. I would honestly undo every connection on the intake reposition and tighten down to torque specs.

I had this happen on my Toyota a while back, the intake was not sealed and it would throwing all of the pressures/sensors out of whack. It would kill the truck but start up shortly after. After closer inspection all of the connections were not completely sealed.

Might be a long shot but worth trying.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See if a Lemon Law attorney can help. Of course the dealer is going to turn you away. The service writers work on commission, so they may not make money on warranty concerns. Regardless, you shouldn’t have to put up with these concerns.
This is your first post? Seriously? The guy bought a used truck that is modded, and your suggestion is to seek legal counsel?

CA is a ridiculous litigious state (among other things); even if the customer/counsel commits perjury in court (seen it first hand), the manufacturer still has to pay the attorney bills. CA laws are written to support laziness and entitlement at best, it’s disgusting.