Tons of errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad they ended up buying it back off you. I had a Focus SVT back in the day that threw codes constantly and it was in the shop for well over a year. Ford sent out their "SVT Expert" 3 times. It was under a warranty still too. They replaced the entire transmission, engine, ECU, wiring harness, etc. It was damn near a new car when they were done. I actually had 2 dealerships refuse to work on it after so many months and actually called me and asked me to come get it. It was a huge fight with Ford and honestly I have not touched a Ford since because it was such a terrible experience. Couldn't get anywhere with buyback or lemon law. Long story short one of the SVT experts finally noticed something, it had a basic Focus intake pipe on it and not the larger SVT one. Someone somewhere at either the assembly line or a dealership during service installed the wrong one back on the vehicle because it was 100% stock and never done by me. The day I got it back I threw it up for sale and never looked back.

I really want a Raptor though so I am considering coming back to Ford. That is why I keep an eye on threads like this. Probably will do a Gen 3 once they've been out a year or possible Gen 2 if they come down a little in price once the 3'***** the pavement more.
I honestly loved the truck and I am in no way steering people away. The Ford company in general was great and have had some other lease vehicles (long story) that they took back no questions asked. I took people for rides in the desert in the Raptor that blew their minds. I’m either going back in on a 22 Raptor or a 22 TRX. ONLY reason I’m thinking about TRX is that motor, the Raptor handled everything I threw at it.
I often told people it was the best truck I’ve ever had up until the end. I’m not 100% sure it wasn’t something I did or if It was the truck computers.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It should be stock on all new vehicles. It only beeps/alerts as you get close to something as you're backing up.

That’s not a rear backup alarm, you’re referring to sensors as you get near an object. The alarm starts sounding as soon as you put it in reverse. The alarm is for people on the outside knowing there’s a vehicle near them that’s basking up. The sensors you’re referring to are to let the driver know they are near something.